Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R/T
493 Posts
You moved from Roscommon. My in-laws have a home up there. good luck in your new home I see it's in Fenton is by the Flint area?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,045 Posts
You'll be back...they always come back!!

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,045 Posts
VERY doubtful! I'll be 70 on my next birthday and I still have 2 very nice vehicles.
If you're fishing for a Challenger for your bday present the most i can afford would be a used one, I'm still paying off mine.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Nope! Just got rid of one and as much as I liked the car I won't make the same mistake again any time soon.
My Jeep GC Cherokee is really all I need or want at this time in my life.
That's a beautiful Jeep. Enjoy life, where ever it takes you. :)

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
My Jeep GC Cherokee is really all I need or want at this time in my life.
I've been considering swapping my Ram for a GC. I've not yet driven one. How's the ride quality? The ESS had me about to cancel that idea but they have a device to plug into the computer port to permanently turn that off.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Best of luck to you, Bill. Enjoy your new place and the memories of your very cool ride. I trust the new owner of your SRT will take care of it as well as you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
The ride is impressive. Not sure what the ESS is (?). My Jeep GC is definitely one of the best overall vehicles I've ever owned over the last 50 years.
Thanks. I'm a fan of smooth rides. The ESS is Electronic Start Stop. The engine turns off when you come to a stop then starts when you take your foot off the brake. From everything I've read, this feature it universally hated but there only to try to meet CAFE standards. There is a button on center console, an "A" with a partial circle around it. If you hit that every time yo start the vehicle, the ESS is disabled. A company makes a devise to plug into the port just below the steering wheel which will keep your settings of ESS and Sprt wherever you last left them. In other words, will not default ESS to on and Sport to off. Here's a link to SmartStop.
Home
Oops, I see you have a 2012 GC. The ESS started with 2015 or 2016 I believe. Lucky you.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
You'll be back...they always come back!!
Yes they do. Once reality hits, summer and no Challenger......... who needs houses and families without a Chally??? Like not having a dog. There are far more inexpensive Challengers...........still fun! Let us know when you do.
Good luck with moving!!!.

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Yes they do. Once reality hits, summer and no Challenger......... who needs houses and families without a Chally??? Like not having a dog. There are far more inexpensive Challengers...........still fun! Let us know when you do.
Good luck with moving!!!.
Umm, you said Chally. I thought the word Chally was banned?>:)
But you're right about the less expensive Challengers being fun too. I was planning on getting another R/T, this time in B5 the color I've always wanted, next Spring. But there's just something about my 2016 SXT Plus. I really don't want to part with it. But then, an R/T.........ugh. What to do.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Umm, you said Chally. I thought the word Chally was banned?>:)
But you're right about the less expensive Challengers being fun too. I was planning on getting another R/T, this time in B5 the color I've always wanted, next Spring. But there's just something about my 2016 SXT Plus. I really don't want to part with it. But then, an R/T.........ugh. What to do.
Banned? I was absent that day. Consider it stricken.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Bought my first Challenger 1 year ago.
Did my first 1/4 mile runs at a local drag strip last night.
Oh yeah, I'm 76 yrs young.
Remember that TV show, life begins at 80? Well I'm starting early.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Bought my first Challenger 1 year ago.
Did my first 1/4 mile runs at a local drag strip last night.
Oh yeah, I'm 76 yrs young.
Remember that TV show, life begins at 80? Well I'm starting early.
Way to go!! :D How'd you do at the drags, BTW?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts