Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to sell my 2010 HO SRT, so...so sad. 23k miles, first car I ever bought new...loved that car. Someone in Dallas will be getting a mint condition car. Hope they treat her well.

Long story short, wife couldn't drive it, (can't drive manuals), tried to teach her but confidence wasn't there. Twins are on the way, and a four door/automatic is what I needed to be able to switch vehicles back and forth with the wife.

To fill the void in my heart, I picked up a 2010 E63 AMG. (wanted the NA engine) The car sounds amazing, drives like a demon, but it just doesn't have the heart and soul of my challenger. Every time I pass one of you all out there I'm giving you a thumbs up. Such a great car...maybe one day I can get back in the club.

Cheers guys...amazing cars...

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
That sucks, but I can't feel too sorry for you about the E63. Why not a Charger instead, though? Not quite the same as a 4-door Challenger, but I had one and they're really sister cars.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car, but congrats on the new additions to your family.

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
Nothing beats having those babies, not even a Challenger.
We all sacrifice much for our children. Enjoy them as they grow so quickly and you'll be able to buy another car of your choice in the future.
Congrats to the Mrs. too, best of luck in fatherhood.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I drive a 6-speed with 2 kids, 7 year old daughter and 3 month old boy. It kind of sucks having to plop the baby seat in the back and moving the passenger seat around all the time, but not as bad as not having a Challenger ;) Just sayin' it's possible...

Congrats on the Benzito BTW, they are awesome cars!

·
Registered
588 Posts
That sucks, but I can't feel too sorry for you about the E63. Why not a Charger instead, though? Not quite the same as a 4-door Challenger, but I had one and they're really sister cars.
I thought about that too but once you look at used car prices, a used 2010 E63 is around the price range of a 2012/2013 Charger SRT. Those Mercedes take a HUGE dip in prices within a few years. That AMG was anywhere from $88k to a little over 100K when new.

But this car is a BEAST. Good luck OP and I hope you got a good extended warranty. As a former BMW 740 owner, that car cost me a whole lot of money out of warranty. These German cars have a lot of sophisticated electronics so when crap starts to fail, its expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Family is important, you can always wait until later to get another Challenger or performance car. Good luck and congrats on the new lives. :woot:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have two boys. 3 year old and 8 month old. I recently sold my motorcycle and felt the same as I watched it drive away on the buyers trailer. I know I'll have another one some day. I guess you are a single car family? That I can understand. Otherwise I do not get why people let their Challengers go just because they have to use the back seat. I am able to pop the kiddos in and out of my car faster than most of the other parents at school with their SUV's. It's funny to see the minivan, toyota, and honda dads look wistfully at my car as they drive their disappointing vehicles towards the rest of their disappointing day. Don't get me wrong, my day is disappointing as well but at least I have a supercharged V8 waiting on me at each end of said day!

Doesn't sound like you have had to sacrifice too bad though. I know little of euro cars but I watch enough Top Gear that if it has AMG associated with it it will be fun. Most of all congratulations on the twins. In some ways I wish our two were twins. Go ahead and get all of it knocked out at once and not have to go back to the spit up and diapers after you thought you were done with all that lol! My children are the absolute best thing to ever happen to me. I honestly believe they are the mortar that has kept my PTSD from shredding apart my life and marriage. That is how awesome kids are and can be!

:woot:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have two boys. 3 year old and 8 month old. I recently sold my motorcycle and felt the same as I watched it drive away on the buyers trailer. I know I'll have another one some day. I guess you are a single car family? That I can understand. Otherwise I do not get why people let their Challengers go just because they have to use the back seat. I am able to pop the kiddos in and out of my car faster than most of the other parents at school with their SUV's. It's funny to see the minivan, toyota, and honda dads look wistfully at my car as they drive their disappointing vehicles towards the rest of their disappointing day. Don't get me wrong, my day is disappointing as well but at least I have a supercharged V8 waiting on me at each end of said day!

Doesn't sound like you have had to sacrifice too bad though. I know little of euro cars but I watch enough Top Gear that if it has AMG associated with it it will be fun. Most of all congratulations on the twins. In some ways I wish our two were twins. Go ahead and get all of it knocked out at once and not have to go back to the spit up and diapers after you thought you were done with all that lol! My children are the absolute best thing to ever happen to me. I honestly believe they are the mortar that has kept my PTSD from shredding apart my life and marriage. That is how awesome kids are and can be!

:woot:
Well said.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's a story so often told.......Mopar magazines are full of them. The stories always tell of aquiring a cool Mopar after the kids are raised. You'll get there too. Congrats on the twins!!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Don't get me wrong, my day is disappointing as well but at least I have a supercharged V8 waiting on me at each end of said day!
Made me laugh! :icon_lol:
Why not get the Charger then?
That was also my first thought for someone who regrets having to dump his Challenger. Forget price or how awesome an AMG is, to me the Challenger is a just Charger coupe with retro styling. So if you really like the former and need four doors...

·
Registered
610 Posts
I was going to say my dad has AMG and let me tell you make sure you have low miles and warranty because everything for this cars is so expensive that you could have bought 2 cars after 4 years of amg ownership..

good luck and congrats!

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
The reason it was up for sale is probably the owner wasn't willing to risk potential repairs that could spring up. Local guy here sold his problem free AMG because he said he wasn't willing to gamble the future of his wallet on it and he is an affluent man.The car was in pristine condition. He went back to Mercedes and bought a new car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts