Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...but not on the Challenger!!!

There is a 2012 Chrysler colour brochure floating around, with all the 2012 colours, and...Yeah!!! Lime green is out, but it's going on the Jeeps....

I am now thoroughly convinced Chrysler is not listening to us.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jeep had a lime green jeep years ago, in 2005 to be exact. Had I known they were coming out with a lime challenger, I would have waited to match my jeep. oh well.

(back when it was new)

what it looks like now

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I'd imagine if its close enough to sublime, and its slated for a late 2012 release, theres a good chance it'l be on our cars too. I don't know how some of you guys can say dodge isn't listening with all of the stuff Ralph's done so far. I guess some people just can't ever be ok with what they're offering.

·
Registered
978 Posts
...but not on the Challenger!!!

There is a 2012 Chrysler colour brochure floating around, with all the 2012 colour, and...Yeah!!! Lime green is out, but it's going on the Jeeps....

I am now thoroughly convinced Chrysler is not listening to us.....
LoL... People complain that they want green Challengers, Dodge listens and releases "Green with Envy" which was a "modern interpretation of Sublime" according to Gilles.

People mad because it's "the wrong shade of green", LOL!

People angry because they want more horsepower and a bigger engine, Dodge releases the 392 and increases power output substantially...

People mad because it's "not ENOUGH power", cause somehow a 12.3 second 1/4 mile in a daily driver is "weak" somehow???

Dodge is listening, it's just some of you idiots can't be pleased no matter WHAT they do.

Go buy a Chevy or Ford already...

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,072 Posts
People complain that they want green Challengers, Dodge listens and releases "Green with Envy" which was a "modern interpretation of Sublime" according to Gilles.
Guess Dodge didn't listen because people said they wanted sublime not an interpretation. I had a Barracuda that was sublime once and can't say it was a color I necessarily want but people want what they want. If people hadn't been out there complaining as you put it then there most likely wouldn't even have been a GWE to choose from.

People angry because they want more horsepower and a bigger engine, Dodge releases the 392 and increases power output substantially...

People mad because it's "not ENOUGH power", cause somehow a 12.3 second 1/4 mile in a daily driver is "weak" somehow???
I don't think they are mad about the 392, they are mad that they can't tune it. They also would like a car that is faster than and able to compete with the top Mustangs and the 392 isn't quite there yet. I haven't seen a lot of 12.3 sec. quarter mile slips from the 392s most guys and car mags are getting more like 12.8 to 13.0. A few guys with automatics have done better. Not saying that isn't fast, it is, just would like to see the Mopars winning the quarter mile race not Ford.

Dodge is listening, it's just some of you idiots can't be pleased no matter WHAT they do.
If Dodge was listening the new cars would be tunable and they would offer the 392 without all the excessive accessories (if a person chose not to get those options) for under 40K. This would make them more price competitive with Chevy and Ford.

Go buy a Chevy o

r Ford already...
I've been a Mopar man for 30 years and have owned, raced and worked on a pile of them. I continued to support the brand and talk up their past muscle car achievements even through all those years when Chrysler didn't offer any real muscle car. I don't think wanting your brand to improve makes you an idiot, or should necessitate that you go buy another brand.

In order for Chrysler to listen, as you say they are, they have to have something to listen too that's why people are speaking up about their concerns and about what they desire the Challenger to become.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm sorry. But I agree with Ironside one hunded percent. They have been improving this car since day one. The 2011 SRT's are by far the most perfected. This is the way it always is. And I agree. Go buy brand X already. The 2011 SRT's are so correct that "What" they can do to top this is in a catagory of, I don't know WHAT else they can do.

This years model is perfect. If you go to the SRT 6.4 page, the question was asked. DOES THIS, 2011 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT REALLY NEED ANYTHING?

Aside from a few subtle things that Mopar might offer in regards to a little personalization items , I hard pressed to think of any.

And I for one am sick and tired in this day and age of measuring a car solely on quarter mile times.

If I want to have a race car on the street, I'll go buy one of the Dynacorn's repo 70 Challengers and dump a 600 hp motor in it. This car doesn't represent that and I for one am glad it doesn't!!!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Can't please everyone all the time

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Well, it would have pleased numerous Mopar enthusiasts to see a Sublime Challenger. However, Dodge interpreted this to mean that instead of Sublime, we wanted an interpreted Sublime that isn't Sublime but something else entirely.

Somehow they could release H.O. and several other retro colors properly, but not Sublime? That was weak. Shame on Dodge. Dodge needs to hire new 'interpreters'.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts