Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!
Recently got your S7104409 'Cool Duals' Cat-back system for my 5.7 '10 Challenger, and took it in to my mechanic to get installed (no access to a lift otherwise, but anyway...). Get a call about an hour later when he has my stock system off that the pipes are in no way going to fit the 2"-ers coming off the cats without him tacking something to go from 2" to 2.5". Not exactly the "Bolt-on, no weld design..." I was lead to understand would be the case. Of course, the page does seem to refer to the 5.7 Challenger as a C6 Corvette :scratchhead:

So, what happened here? Did I not get all the bits from the place I ordered it? Do I have a magic '10 that somehow isn't like all the others? Inquiring minds and all that, wot wot.

Edit: Mind you, I love the sound that MBRP makes so I told him to get that sucker on there whatever it takes, but yeah...

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
Your stock pipes are 2 inch? Interesting, your pipes should be 2.5.

That is the same system (except it was the 304 version) we put on our 09 R/T as well as many other R/Ts. Including a 2010 Classic just in the past month. No welding required, bolted right on.

Any way to get pictures from your installer? 2 inch piping sounds a bit off to me. R/Ts should have 2.5, while the SRTs should have 2.75.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your stock pipes are 2 inch? Interesting, your pipes should be 2.5.

That is the same system (except it was the 304 version) we put on our 09 R/T as well as many other R/Ts. Including a 2010 Classic just in the past month. No welding required, bolted right on.

Any way to get pictures from your installer? 2 inch piping sounds a bit off to me. R/Ts should have 2.5, while the SRTs should have 2.75.
Yeah, I'm going to head up there in like 30 minutes, and I'll snap some pics. Apparently he was also having some issues with the clamps, saying that it didn't seem to come with any/enough/the right size, so I'm wondering if something got totally fubared when my order got picked by the retailer I got it from...:disgust:
And I know it's not the mechanic, I've worked with him for years and he completely rebuilt my DeLorean for me, so he knows which end of a bolt to put the nut on if you know what I mean :p

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to head up there in like 30 minutes, and I'll snap some pics. Apparently he was also having some issues with the clamps, saying that it didn't seem to come with any/enough/the right size, so I'm wondering if something got totally fubared when my order got picked by the retailer I got it from...:disgust:
And I know it's not the mechanic, I've worked with him for years and he completely rebuilt my DeLorean for me, so he knows which end of a bolt to put the nut on if you know what I mean :p
That was gonna be my first question: do you trust your mechanic? Sounds like either there was a manufacturing problem with your Challenger or MBRP might've sent the wrong thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Okay, sorry for the evenings worth of delay on this, but hopefully this works...

I did find out after the fact that it wasn't my guy who actually worked on it, it was one of his newer hires, which is :/ worthy.
Thing has quite a bit of drone at ~1600 RPM to 2100 RPM, but that seems to get a little better once it heated up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, the more I think about it, the more I think he just double dutch ****ed me over. Thought that history with him and working on my classic car/my fathers NSX over the years would keep things on the level, but I guess people show you what they are eventually.

Anyway, now that I've chewed through the bitter lemons, the delicious lemon-aid is that once I drove the hell out of this thing on Rt-80 the drone is almost completely gone, and it doesn't sound like something is trying to eat it's way up from under my feet into the cab. System sounds meaty. The good kind of meaty. Just how it should be!

Much <3 to the MBRP folks.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
glad your loving it anyway bud!! Mine has been on since Dec 08 on my R/T. Love it!! My you-tube of before and after is below in my sig!

HEY MIKEY!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts