Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking to a local shop (Motiva) about some performance work on my car. We talked about some of the regular SC's (KB, Maggie, Pro Charger, Vortec) and some of the advantages and issues with all of them. I've been leaning towards a Maggie. But then they brought up the Whipple SC and how well they they've done here in our high altitude and hot climate. The twin screw design runs cooler and more effiecient at our/my altitude. They have a large base of customers running Whipples in everything from Trucks to Mustangs, Camaros, and several Challenger and Chargers. I know Arrington has been working with the Whipple 2.9L and that in itself gives me a lot more confidence in the product.

So.....who's running a Whipple? Any issues with tuning? Motiva is recommending LT headers, a true LMI CAI, and forged pistons. Not much more than that other than a dyno tune.

I've got 44K miles on my 392. Issues with that? ............... :5:

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
What are they telling you it will roughly cost? I will be wanting to follow in your footsteps ;)

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are they telling you it will roughly cost? I will be wanting to follow in your footsteps ;)
Well not sure yet Eric..... The LT headers are probably a no go because of my cutouts. Don't really need them. If I'm gonna do the pistons I might just do the rods too..... I've got a Fastman Dan TB thats opened up to 85mm but may upgrade that to an Arrington 90mm. My rough numbers are $6-7K....... maybe a bit more.

BTW.... been talking with some local Airforce guys who are having Motiva work on their Challengers. I've also noticed that they've been doing some regular work on more and more Mopars. Feeling much more confident about them. I was pretty impressed with what they have going on in their shop. They also knew and have been dealing/consulting with some of the best Mopar tuners around the country. My time frame is sometime this summer. ............ :5:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I haven't found anywhere that has the new Whipple for sale for our cars...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't found anywhere that has the new Whipple for sale for our cars...

Here ya go......... Whipple Industries

Plus......... Check this out........Arrington Just posted this yesterday...... A 791rwhp dyno on 2.9L Whipple @ 14 lbs of boost. I know of several people who are running them on Challengers......with damn good results.... :5:

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
They also knew and have been dealing/consulting with some of the best Mopar tuners around the country. My time frame is sometime this summer. ............ :5:.
Well that's good, it was the only thing that has me hesitant about letting them have my car. Having them turn wrenches and bolts does not worry me at all, but there are plenty of people around town whose cars have gone boom after their tuner was done with it. And yeah, their facility is awesome, top notch, you know that Ferrari on the showroom floor is only $60k ;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Neither of those links show a price or opportunity to buy. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Was wondering how much these run also arrington never emailed me a quote

·
Registered
202 Posts
The kit is not out yet for 2011+ Challengers. I just went straight to Whipple with this question . In the email I received he said it will be another couple months before they release a kit for our cars. Those links are just info, not buying! Im not sure what everyone else is seeing but no where on that page it has a place to make an order...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts