Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im gonna trade my Procharged SRT8 Charger in for something but do know what yet. It WILL be a Dodge product. IF I get 30K or more for my car as a trade is the only way it will happen. The question is would you trade a 11.5 @ 121 SRT8 Charger for an R/T Challenger? There are several more Mopar 10's in my city that I can get but shoud I wait for the 2011's or 2012 Challengers to come out? I have proven the point to myself that I can have an 11 sec everyday driver so I really dont care about the speed anymore. I want something different and the Mopar 10 is. I already have a Mopar 10 but im thinking that Chrysler will make something different for 2012. Anyway, would you trade an SRT8 for an R/T?? Im so confused. LOL

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Why not trade for a a 2011 SRT Challenger? As for 2012, I believe the only change is going to be the 8 speed auto for the SRT's.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not trade for a a 2011 SRT Challenger? As for 2012, I believe the only change is going to be the 8 speed auto for the SRT's.
That is in the back of my mind. There is an IE edition coming in soon at the dealer I worked at BUT they are gonna want over 50k for it. LOL

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Obviously a personal choice, but you already have a Challenger. I really hate paying taxes, especially to license my rides. It sucks on new cars and I will probably keep the new one I am buying for a while. I need to stop buying cars. Dang, another New Years resolution.

You have a fast 4 door that I would spend money on to go faster.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I think it'll be hard to get 30K for the Charger. You'd be better off returning it to stock, selling the parts, then selling the car out right.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The resale value on Chargers is horrible and being modified does hurt the value. If you are going to trade it in the dealer is going to get the better end of this deal a private sell is the best way to go.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Why would you want two Mopar10s?

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
No way I'd go from a modified SRT to a stock R/T, different car or not. No disrespect to R/Ts, it'll just feel so totally different to you - and so much slower - that I'd almost guarantee you won't be happy with you. If I were you I'd hang on to the Charger until you can get a 1 year old gently used SRT Challenger in whatever flavor you desire. You get $10K-$15K off sticker for just a few thousand miles on the clock.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, im leaning more to getting a used 2011 SRT when a used one does come around. :) The dealer I worked at would give me 26k for mine STOCK and more for ir with the supercharger. Ive been talking with the general manager for a while about trading it and he really wants my car on the lot. LOL. I would be taking most of the stuff off of it like the wideband o2, Aeroforce guages, Kooks catless midpipes and the BT catchcan. When I traded my 05 Dakota in for the Mopar 10 he gave me double of what KBB was for it. As long as he can make a buck on the car he will give me a good deal on the trade. Also he wants me to come back to work bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts