Dodge Challenger Forum banner

So You Have Questions for Ralph Gillesor the CEO of Dodge...here is your chance

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  RoostKing 
#1 ·
http://www.modernmoparmagazine.com/wp/2012/01/30/a-little-r-and-r-for-our-readers/

Modern Mopar Magazine is interviewing Ralph Gilles CEO of SRT and Reid Bigland CEO of the Dodge Brand. I have seen alot of threads here about issues such as quality, lack of tuning, vehicle improvements etc etc...here is your chance to have your questions asked. Click on the link for the article, and how to submit your questions for the two.

#2 ·
Heres mine:

Hello, thank you for taking this time to answer some questions.

1. In 2015. Besides the Viper, will there be a 2 door, Hemi powered car. You can be as specific or as general as needed. Yes or No would suffice.

2. Given Dodge history, why are we not trouncing the competition? Dont get me wrong, the 392 is an awesome motor, but with the Challenger weighing more and underpowered compared to the competition, yet equally priced. What steps are being taken(supercharger, turboed) to close the gap?

Thanks again for your time. The 300, Charger, and especially the Challenger are awesome cars, thank you for taking the time to develop them and they are certainly a great platform for making world beaters!!

#3 ·
Could not have worded those questions better. I bet they get hundreds of questions regarding the tuning issue. Let's hope they have some new information and not just rehashing the party line.

#4 ·
thanks for the link. Here is my question.

Hello Ralph,

Very happy to see the emphasis on the SRT brand and the upcoming fix to the tuning issue.
However, I have read about the poor paint quality coming out of the Brampton factory.
Are there any immediate plans to upgrade this paint facility?

I also have a second question regarding the SRT brand. What are the chances of seeing the 426 HEMi motor on the Lx/LY platform?
I think it would make a fanstastic “swan song” for its last model year.

#5 ·
However, I have read about the poor paint quality coming out of the Brampton factory.
Are there any immediate plans to upgrade this paint facility?
Are you kidding? They won't admit that their paint jobs are horrible, nor that they are upgrading their facility (a de facto admission of said horrible work). Doesn't mean anything for the legions of customers with terrible paint jobs already, either. If you're gonna ask an important question that they won't answer, go with this:

"I have read about the poor paint quality coming out of the Brampton factory. Are there any immediate plans to remedy this situation with your existing customer base?"

And ya wanna know what their answer will be?

"I am not aware of any quality control concerns regarding the paint finishes of vehicles coming out of our Brampton facility. I will look into it and get back to you."

Ya wanna know when they will get back to us? Never, 'cause that's how a company like Chrysler operates. Not that it even matters, since the magazine requires their good graces for their content, and as such will ask softball questions that paint them in a positive light.

"Can you reveal any information regarding your next stickers and slightly altered color special edition car? How excited should Chrysler fans be about it? We at Modern Mopar Magazine are licking our chops already!"

*sigh*

#8 · (Edited)
My questions would be...

Will the 8 speed automatic be coming to the Challenger V6 or V8 engines?

How many high impact colors are you planning for the 2013 Challenger?

#9 ·
Mine:

Hey guys thanks for letting me take a moment of your time.

Two quick important questions:

1. Why have you locked aftermarket tuners out of the Challenger's boot loader/PCM?

2. Why is the sheet metal of the Dodge Challenger so thin it can't even hold up your average super model without denting and needing body work? (Don't say gas millage.)

#11 ·
@prowler

{pppzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt}

^that was my positional response to you. I wait for your rebuttal

#15 ·
Oh yea... I understand. They are very tight lipped since Sergio took over. My two questions were sort of generic and I know he won't answer a question like is the end of the Challenger near or is the Barracuda going forward or anything like that. My two questions probably STILL are too specific and probably won't be answered anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.