Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I'd start a thread to propose suggestions/ideas:

- Baro pressure in kPa for us Metric folks

- [DONE] Ability to overlay 2 runs from differing log files

- [DONE] Remove the portion of the graph where there is no activity (from 0rpm to 3000rpm, or whenever the run starts) so that the graph is longer/bigger

- [DONE] Ability to add an AFR pid for those of us with dataloggers that log external devices. The PID name is user-defined, but if tell is to call it "AFR" we can live with that. Data range is from about 7 to 23.

- (Bonez) I wish that when you put it in "full screen mode" that the graph would also go full screen.

- (Bonez) It would be nice to have a "pull down" for the car entry and have it remember what details go with what cars

·
Registered
688 Posts
I also have a "wish" for the software. I wish that when you put it in "full screen mode" that the graph would also go full screen. I'm old and the old eyes ain't what they used to be. Now, it seems to stay the same size as in windowed mode. Thanks, and love this little gem, great work!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've got another idea that might help us guys that have two or more cars using this software. It would be nice to have a "pull down" for the car entry and have it remember what details go with what cars. That way, we would just have to enter the information, for say, two cars and never have to enter it again. We could simply change cars and have the details show up automatically.

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mikey: that looks way cool!

Bonez: I added the suggestion to the list. Keep 'em coming.

I also removed the "multiple runs overlayed". You can already do this with the lock feature.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I've got another idea that might help us guys that have two or more cars using this software. It would be nice to have a "pull down" for the car entry and have it remember what details go with what cars. That way, we would just have to enter the information, for say, two cars and never have to enter it again. We could simply change cars and have the details show up automatically.
Since I'm testing several different cars, I do something similar now. What I usually do is just bring up a previously processed file for the same car and that fills all the parameters for that car. Then I open the new file and I can change only the parameters (usually weather) that need changing. So if you like, you can load parameters from a previously processed file before you process a new one.

Mike

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I just release rev 107 that adds the ability to graph AFR or anything else you like. Here's the full announcement:

2010.107 04/13/10

v2010.107 includes the following:

* Ability to graph an auxiliary parameter such as air/fuel ratio or any parameter listed in the log file! Aux graph is displayed directly below the dyno graph.

* Improved compatibility with data logs that occasionally show a drop in RPM during a WOT run.

* Graph now starts at the very beginning of the run rather than 2000+ RPM.

* Graph now auto-expands so that only the tested RPM range is graphed.

* Fixed a bug from v2010.106 that was causing the screen snap feature to create "garbled" screen snaps.

And a screen shot from the new version:

Mike

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! I've updated the list, and I'll update my charts later with the new functionality.

You rock, Mike!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Since I'm testing several different cars, I do something similar now. What I usually do is just bring up a previously processed file for the same car and that fills all the parameters for that car. Then I open the new file and I can change only the parameters (usually weather) that need changing. So if you like, you can load parameters from a previously processed file before you process a new one.

Mike
Mike

OK, I tried what you suggested here, but when I went to enter the data for the weather, I had forgot what the weather details were the day I did the log. Unles I'm missing something, and I could be, it would make it hard to compare two different days. Could that data be saved somehow in the log file? It would be a lot simpler if the log file from TT Dyno could somehow retain that data, along with vehicle details. BTW, the new version allows me to now view the logs that I sent you a copy of. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Mike

OK, I tried what you suggested here, but when I went to enter the data for the weather, I had forgot what the weather details were the day I did the log. Unles I'm missing something, and I could be, it would make it hard to compare two different days. Could that data be saved somehow in the log file? It would be a lot simpler if the log file from TT Dyno could somehow retain that data, along with vehicle details. BTW, the new version allows me to now view the logs that I sent you a copy of. Thanks!!!
I may be misinterpreting the question, but if not... it already does that. Whenever you make a change, that change is automatically associated with the log file you currently have open. For example, if you open a log file named xyz.csv and enter a parameter (say change temperature to 74), all parameters are automatically saved for that file. The next time you open xyz.csv, it'll show the parameters associated with that file.

Mike

·
Registered
688 Posts
OK, now I have the details all mixed up in my files so I'm just going to start again from scratch. I know I've screwed up somewhere along the line. No biggie though and hopefully I'll get what you guys are getting. Sorry for the confusion for you and me too! LOL

·
Registered
3,481 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hey guys, I'm really having some issues data logging for my custom tune? I didn't hook up a laptop just plugged in my Predator and ran through the data logging mode after checking off the info the tuner wanted logged. Then drove the car various ways/modes for 10+ minutes and then tried to download it and send it back to the custom tuner. He sent me a note back saying:
The file type will end with .log not .drg

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Hey guys, I'm really having some issues data logging for my custom tune? I didn't hook up a laptop just plugged in my Predator and ran through the data logging mode after checking off the info the tuner wanted logged. Then drove the car various ways/modes for 10+ minutes and then tried to download it and send it back to the custom tuner. He sent me a note back saying:
The file type will end with .log not .drg
This is not the right place for your question (you may have just "missed" when you clicked). DCX Depot is probably where you want to post your question and they are one vendor above us in the supporting vendor list. I'll give you my 2 cents anyway: the above sounds like you should have sent them your log file. To do that, use the DiabloSport DataViewer utility. Maybe you used DSDownloader instead (wrong program for dealing with logs) and you sent them a tune instead of a log.

But since I'm not the vendor you are really looking for, that's just my guess trying to be helpful. Please repost in the proper vendor forum.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts