Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok folks after a research and trying to find the latest software through chrysler with no luck after typing in my VIN i found this great site if you want to update to the latest software version for the MyGig radios: 730N RHR-RER-RHW or even 430N RER etc etc etc It is very helpful and easy to do-instead of getting stuck at the STEALERSHIP all day. Maybe the admins can make this a sticky.
I found this info on Jeep Garage - Jeep Owners Forum
Follow the steps for grace notes and software and voila you got yourself the latest. As of today 2.600 is the last software update and grace notes RHR 5411
ENJOY

MyDrive - Ihr Schweizer Online-Speicher

login:

username: [email protected]
password: gasolio

Reactions: nohrice4yooh

·
Registered
114 Posts
cant find it. you have a link ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Found it I'm up to date !

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I wish someone could walk me thru this it looks confusing

sent from mobile device

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
I wish someone could walk me thru this it looks confusing

sent from mobile device
1) Use the link supplied by the OP and use the login information supplied.
2) Go to the My gig folder and find the applicable software up for your radio.
3) Download the ISO file
4) Burn the ISO image onto DVD
5) Insert the DVD into your radio and it will ask you if you want to update to the newer version.

Nothing to it!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Reactions: 09Titanium

·
Registered
2016 R/T Plus
85 Posts
Can this be done with a flash drive or does it have to be a dvd?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just did the RHR update and the Gracenotes update! Super easy. I burned the iso's to DVD. Total installation time was maybe 40min to do both. Download time was about the same. It is recommened to use the DVD method for Gracenotes. But some have successfully used USB.

I'm very happy. The cheesy genre artwork has been changed. Also, more of my album art is displayed.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Word to the wise. It is best to do this when car is running and doing nothing else. By no means should you let the BUS system go down or the power cut from the radio during the update process. Bad things can occur. I know from expierence. I lost my GN's after plugging in my Trinity while doing the update. The BUS system went down and the update failed. If that would have happened while doing the OS update, who knows what would have happened. YMMV

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've definitely got to do this when I get home. Subscribed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DVD for grace notes is recommended.
USB or DVD for the software update.
I did mine on a Mac Book so when you download the file if u use a Flash drive make sure you erase it in disk utility, using MS-DOS (FAT) double click on the downloaded DISK IMAGE .iso file, this will open another window and only copy the 3 files onto the USB drive-so you should only have the 3 files on the USB. One is a folder-BECKER and the other two are CD_INFO.CDI , CONFIG.CDI
As far as windows goes-you have to UNZIP and extract the download before you copy to USB

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are some photos during the update inside the car...... all your settings will remain unchanged.
When you do this:
Start the car, Radio ON, insert the USB into the port, Radio OFF for 5-10 seconds, turn the Radio ON-it will start reading the USB and prompt you to install the software 2.184, press yes and leave the car ON-make sure it stays ON during installation since it takes about 20 minutes for the software alone (40ish if you do the grace notes too). The photos are in sequence

Untitled by b52mate, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
i have heard that some people that have done updates like this that have back up cameras after they did it it messes things up with there back up camera?? any word on that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will the update affect the navigation maps?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No,
The Navigation maps are not affected-there is a bulletin if the vehicle was manufactured after Jan 2012 they have a FREE update for the maps......for us before Jan 2012 , too bad .
However, there is a fix in this latest update for losing the preset Home address bug in maps and other bugs were fixed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have heard that some people that have done updates like this that have back up cameras after they did it it messes things up with there back up camera?? any word on that?
I haven't heard of such a mess up with the camera system.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Plus
85 Posts
I was able to update the application software but I'm not sure which files I need for Gracenotes. I have an rer in case that's important

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 316 Posts