Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2013 SXT plus. I just got some coupons from the dealer, and the one was for software updates that had me scratching my head, as it stated "navigation updates weren't included".

So, how do I update the navigation system in the future, and what other software needs to be updated??

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
a few months after I got my car I received a letter from Chrysler, along with the letter was a couple of DVDs with explicit instructions how to register the DVD and how to install it in the navigation it went in very easily and put the most current version in, I did not have to go to the dealership but maybe they will do it for you and save you the trouble.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
There are two types of updates to the factory head unit (with nav)

1st update - firmware that controls the hardware (I would love bluetooth streaming in our 2010s but not sure that's possible)

2nd Map updates

You can always check for the latest firmware (#1 above) at mofv.com/mygig/ (for some reason not loading right now)

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
You can always check for the latest firmware (#1 above) at mofv.com/mygig/ (for some reason not loading right now)
When is the last time that site actually worked?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Only for 2011 & up
Actually it's only for '11 - '12 :cursin:

Just went to the link and it only allows you to activate your map update but gives no idea how to actually get the update. Where do I get updates for '13 and up?

LATER EDIT: According to Dodge, the nav maps for '13 and up are current. That's why it only lists '11 and '12.

Peace out.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
My radio isn't Garmin Nav, not sure who made the software.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for responding guys.

I didn't realize there would be firmware updates along the way. I guess I'll wait until they have updates to the '13 navigation before I take it in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts