Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find solid motor mounts for a 5.7? I know they made them for the drag pak (part# P515510) but they want $800 a set and to me that's just not worth it. Everyone tells me they are in the process of making some but I've yet to see them.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find solid motor mounts for a 5.7? I know they made them for the drag pak (part# P515510) but they want $800 a set and to me that's just not worth it. Everyone tells me they are in the process of making some but I've yet to see them.
I think speedlogix carries them if I remember correct:thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lowwlife>> The only thing they carry is upgraded ones, but not solid

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey, dont take this the wrong way cause I know in typing this isnt going to sound the way im asking, which is just that Im curious. But what is the point of changing the motor mounts? Those are one of those little things that last decades and dont affect much, or do they? What are the advantages your looking at? Again Im just curious bro, its just one of those things thats like "hey I never though of that" you know.

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
The SRT engine mounts are firmer/stiffer than the 5.7 versions, and the 'stick applications are firmer/stiffer than the automatic versions.

Today's mounts are frequently a fluid-filled mount to dampen NVH from the engine resonating into the body structure. Modern cars have much more sound insulation and tigher window/door seals that makers now focus on other noises and vibration that become more noticed due to the quieter interiors.

Stiffer mounts control the driveline movement and aid in track launches for quicker ETs, but this is at the expense of NVH isolation - the SRT engineers mentioned that matter in a past online session. Its a trade-off between how much performance is gained vs. added driveline noise for the passenger compartment.

[NVH = noise, vibration, harshness]

I've been in vehicles that had polyurethane or solid engine mounts - not liveable for a street driven daily driver. When the engine sets up a resonance in the body and the shell amplifies it, it will drive you nuts.

Kind of like exhaust drone, but the whole car body picks up the noise.

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
864 Posts
^^ Nice, I get it. So then the other quetion is wether the performance gains are worth the NHV. Sounds like something more for serious racers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Sir my motor also gone few weeks ago and then i changed it and i bought my engine motor mount from here on ebay on very cheap price and know it is working very good.

thanks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts