Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install some solid motor mounts for my supercharged 392. Mopar does not have them... Does anyone know if any company has made a set yet? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I would imagine with solid mounts your going to feel and hear every little vibration and noise in the car, and more importantly break the next softest link on the chassis and/or engine mounting bosses... If it was me i would at least inquire about a more durable rubber mount first if you're using it on the street...

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I would imagine with solid mounts your going to feel and hear every little vibration and noise in the car, and more importantly break the next softest link on the chassis and/or engine mounting bosses... If it was me i would at least inquire about a more durable rubber mount first if you're using it on the street...
You would be surprised, yes you will transmit more feel, but it really isn't as noticeable as you would think, we have folds running these on stroker motors with big cams and drive on the street with no major issue

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would be surprised, yes you will transmit more feel, but it really isn't as noticeable as you would think, we have folds running these on stroker motors with big cams and drive on the street with no major issue
Does anyone make an upgrade from the 392 with 6-speed that is better than stock but not as drastic as solid?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts