Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the Solo exhaust system for the R/T Classic 6-Speed. I've been searching around for aftermarket exhaust options for a while, from Flowmaster American Thunder to Borla S-Type to Magnaflow and just found Solo. From all the clips I've seen and heard, it seems to be a pretty sweet sound and rather affordable, too. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Love Solo and get lots of compliments on the sound, I have a 2013 R/T Classic 6M

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ive been running the mach x w/ j pipes for about 3-4 weeks now (6sp rt) and I love it. Its not very loud at idle or low speeds but when you get on it, it opens up. I also love that there is no drone and the interior noise is about the same as stock. I was running reso delete w, glasspacks but after the first drive with them, I knew they had to go. The price is great also and installation was done with a pair of jack stands, small jack, and hand tools. Best decision ever. I just wish i wouldnt have spent the money on the reso delete and gp's. Ive gotten alot of compliments on it too.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have run the Mach x with j-pipes on my a5 for over a year now and still loving it. I replaced their muffler portion with the solo straight x pipe about 3 months ago to increase the sound and now it just sounds straight badass! Still no drone as well. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
It's not the most aggressive sound out there, but it can get attention when you nail it! I would recommend the exhaust, at least from what I've seen/heard.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I love mine. One of my friends who rides with me occasionally says it's "Silly to make your car louder!". This is a guy who likes a car that "floats", and power steering so overboosted that you can drive it with one finger on the wheel, and he complains endlessly about the steering wheels on new cars being too "fat". He also wants Dodge to make the Challenger in brown. I wanted to smack him upside the head when he said that!

I think it was/is silly to build a car like a Challenger that isn't loud.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just ordered my solo exhaust yesterday and actually paid slightly less than what they have on there website, and great people to deal with so far been emailing Steve back and forth for a while

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Had em on 2010 RTC and loved em - best overall solution out there IMHO and the quality and service is second to none.

You can cruise whisper quiet or romp and crack it when you want - it's all available at your right foot :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts