Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the help of a friend we installed a Solo cat-back system on my SRT. After my friend left I went back and rechecked the torque of the bolts and positioning of everything. In this “quality control” check I noticed that the left rear anti-lock brake plastic like tube was touching the tail pipe. On the right side this same type tube was about 1/8” of an inch from touching the tail pipe. I am sure these plastic tubes are fairly sturdy and heat resistant but to be safe I used a couple of black tie wraps and got these away form the tail pipes. There is a clip on cable track that attaches to the lower control arm support rod that these tubes attach to (at least on my car) so using the tie wraps (2 on each side) I snuged the cable track to the support rod and towards the center of the car used the other tie wrap to pull the plastic tubes away from the tail pipes. You may want to check these on your car.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't noticed that on mine. But anyway what do you think of the exhaust?
From reading maybe every post about exhaust on the site there are many people seeking the sound of a 60s muscle car with a healthy cam idling at around 600RPM - - lump, lump, lump, lump…….

A stock computer controlled engine today is not going to make that sound. Having said that, initial start up at fast idle was noticeably deeper and then as the car idled down the sound got deeper for obvious reasons. When I took the car for a spin I enjoyed the mellow deep note as I went through the gears. After the car warmed up I jumped on it and I suspect I flinched, it was like a cannon shot that just continued until I let off. Wonderful deep note at cruise with no noticeable drone with window down and like no muffler at all upon aggressive acceleration. In normal driving it has, as stated, a wonderful deep note.

I have never given a seconds worth of thought about high flow cats but I will be watching the Solo’s development of these especially if they use 3” pipe to marry beautifully to the cat-back system.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Well done. I'm glad you like it. It's the best one I've heard yet. Even at idle you can here you have an exhaust. And when you get on it it wakes right up. You should here It from the outside driving by. Holy cow. As it breaks in it gets even better. Keep us posted on future mods you do.I'm glad your happy with it. And I'll keep you posted on the hf cats. They have my car now doing testing so I won't know anything for at least a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts