Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was all geared up and ready to pull the trigger on the Solo exhaust for my RT+ but then I read one post on here (back from 2013) that said at 70-80 mph, when the MDS kicks in, the drone is awful and no amount of adjusting the J pipes could fix it. Does anyone have any experience with this? I drive the freeway a lot and almost always cruise at 80. If there really is a lot of drone there, that’s a deal breaker. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Solo performance, but I have had great luck with my Zoomers exhaust. Even while just cruising around I don't have what I would consider drone on my SRT.

Let us know if you have any questions :)

- Alexis

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,410 Posts
Turn off the MDS unless you like it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm interested too. I had Blastin Bobs fat pipes on my Magnum R/T that were just right but when I search them here I just find members reselling theirs.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
6- speed R/T here. 72mph in 6th gear cruising at 1200-1500 rpm absolutely no drone. Now, i understand the auto is different however, it comes down to what “drone” is.

If you’re talking about always hearing the exhaust, ya for sure i can hear her rumble. But REAL drone will rattle your brain.

Maybe someone with an auto can comment, but even in the auto you should be cruising at the same rpm.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
755 Posts
IF you have an automatic and the MDS is still active, then you will have drone IF you eliminate the resonators.

So as long as you go to a system that uses mufflers and resonators, then you should have minimal to zero drone.

The Zoomer system that Alexis showed has both which is why drone isn't a problem for her.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Only way to really avoid drone....get a Corsa...not real loud, but designed, to eliminate Drone...that’s their selling point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts