Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLO Performance Challenger R/T High Flow Cats

All of us at Solo Performance are proud to announce that we have our 2007-2011 Challenger R/T 5.7L (Auto and Std are the same) High Flow Converters tested and ready for sale. These are a full stainless steel converter/resonator assembly that has all stainless welds, O2 bungs, flanges, etc. It has been a long testing process to get these R/T cats right in both sound quality and the elimination of engine lights. We currently have 4 test cars out there that all have over 1000 miles on them with no engine light issues. With 4 different test cars, in different parts of the country, all having the same great feedback and no engine lights, we are ready to move on from the testing phase. It’s so important to thoroughly test these High Flow Converters on multiple cars and we appreciate your interest and patience during this phase.

Solo is the only company that we know of that incorporates a resonator into a converter assembly when necessary. A by-product of the restrictive nature of the stock R/T converters is quietness. When we took the “restriction” away and opened up the converters with our Solo High Flows the noise became unbearable. We inserted a free flow Solo Mach-Resonator on each side and the exhaust note changed from “horrible” to a “Cylinder Symphony.” With the addition of the Solo High Flow Cats, your current exhaust note increases in volume by approximately 20% and the note deepens, richens, and becomes more full and rounded.

The throttle response is greatly improved with the Solo R/T Cats, and every one of our customers have commented on feeling the difference in HP (horse power) and torque. We still have not had the chance to Dyno these cats and if a person in the Buffalo/Toronto area is interested we would be more than happy to pay for a Dyno. Unfortunately we do not have any video’s either. We are hoping to have a vehicle in our store soon that we can video. It would be great if one of our customers could post a video. Thanks so much if you can.

2007-2011 R/T 5.7 Auto and Standard Solo High Flow Converter Specs

• 200 cell stainless steel spiral wound design. This design is long lasting, ultra-high flow, and completely stainless inside and out.
  • Converters are far overrated for the car, at 6.0L per side. That’s 12.0L of cleaning ability.
  • Includes a special design stainless steel 3/8” thick front flange.
  • All pipes, O2 bungs, and welds are stainless steel.
  • For sound reasons we had to incorporate a free flow resonator behind the converter. With just the converter, the performance was great but the sound was horrible. With the addition of the resonator we now have great sound (about 15%-20% more noise overall) and performance.
  • These converters are not CARB certified for the R/T, but they do pass all emissions and keep the CEL light off. They are technically for off road use only.
  • Each converter assembly is about 4 feet long. It goes from the manifold to the first connection.
  • No CEL or engine lights to date!
  • Solo O2 extenders (supplied) are required in the rear O2 bungs.
  • 100% BOLT ON!
Retail Price: $774.50 including shipping to most of the U.S.A. and Canada.

To order, please contact:

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance Sales and Customer Service
[email protected]
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
: Welcome to Solo Performance : For Mufflers, Exhaust, Stainless Steel Tubing and Mandrel Pieces. Pics, Video, Installation.....Order Online.

PICTURES

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Firsties! I've been bugging Steve about these for 2-3 weeks now. Just happily ordered the first set to go out! Thanks again man.

Scott

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can only imagine that these will dyno as good as the srt's. Great job guys
I would think maybe even more...the R/T cat-back gained more whp than the SRT8 kit did...so I would think they would be the same or even better:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Count me in.
Do you still need a car to dyno?

Scott

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Count me in.
Do you still need a car to dyno?

Scott
Yes, if you are near our Canadian store, then we would love to have you in and the dyno is on us. Call me tomorrow if you would like at 516-655-9002.

Steve

·
Registered
146 Posts
I live in Mississauga if it's close enough....

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, our shop is in Mississauga...that would be awesome...give Jeff a call today and let him know when you want to come by. His number is 905-703-1557.

Steve

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey,

My wife has been in and out of labor several times, so I've been distracted.
Still want to do them. Do you know if Jeff is planning any trips to London?
Not sure when I can get to Mississauga... he still doing pick ups for the dealership?

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey,

My wife has been in and out of labor several times, so I've been distracted.
Still want to do them. Do you know if Jeff is planning any trips to London?
Not sure when I can get to Mississauga... he still doing pick ups for the dealership?
Hey...not too sure what Jeff has planned. He is on a well deserved vacation for about 10 days. He does do pickups, but it has to be scheduled in advance. He travels between all of our stores.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey...not too sure what Jeff has planned. He is on a well deserved vacation for about 10 days. He does do pickups, but it has to be scheduled in advance. He travels between all of our stores.

... I could use a vacation! Guess I'll get the cats instead. When is he back? Pricing still apply whenever he's around?

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He will be back in about 10 days...pricing will still be available at that time...you could always order through me and I can arrange a day for it to be picked up at our store by you. Call me anytime at 516-655-9002.

Steve

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is there any tuning required for running these? I have a 2011 which is locked up tight until DS reinvents the wheel.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Is there any tuning required for running these? I have a 2011 which is locked up tight until DS reinvents the wheel.
I keep seeing statements like "I dont have any problems" or "youll be fine" The reality is nearly any bolt on that opens up air flow will lean the tune for wot (open loup) so if an item actually helps (unlike most so called cai's) then it truely will allow more air flow and will lean the tune at full throttle.

For example, jba shorties lean the tune. The dodge stock tune is at 11.5:1 at redline full throttle. The DiabloSport tunes leans that to 12.5:1. Put jba shorties on a the 372hp 5.7L and your going to see from 12:1 to 12.5:1 at full throttle from 3000-redline.

For discussion purposes, lets assume DiabloSports tuner got it right, did r&d, ran a/f up and down and found the ideal spot and 12.5:1 is where its at. With something like shortie headedrs that give 8-10hp gains its goign to lean the a/f ratio, enough to need to add fuel, even DiabloSport tells us 5-10% fuel is needed.

So if something that gains 8-10 hp will lean it that much high flows that are seeing what 20-30 with the 6.1, thats bound to be more than shortie headers, and therefore would lean the tune.

Now in closed loup (not full throttle) yes the computer will compensate and auto adjust striving for 14.7:1, and "auto tune" for them, BUT at wot its very likley it will lean the tune. To say its fine conserns me. Perhapts with the Dodge tune being rich it may be around 13:1, but would people call that "safe" / "no problems" or "ok" ? If your allready starting with the DiabloSport tune (which I would imagine anyone getting high flows would allready have the preditor) your starting at 12.5:1 its probably goign to get leaner than 13:1, and if you have headers to.

ok, so lets say your at 13.5:1, the knock sensors will be pulling timing like mad if your getting detonation, but would anyone say thats no big deal?

True if your car is 100% stock, with the stock tune, the amount its "over-leaning" isnt going to blow the engine immediatly, but the majority of people getting these will allready have other items that have leaned the tune, cat back + diablosport tune, and possibly headers. The combination is where its a bigger issue.

I find it interesting if you search around other threads people talking about using the tuner to adjust a/f ratio, timing, etc. bolt ons. There are many comments screaming about DONT LEAN OUT, or the engine will BLOW. They mention the high compression, and even slightest lean causes knock, and serious warnings about modifying fuel with the preditor, but here any comments about tuning end like "no issues" or "I dont have any problems"

I dont mean this to sound so strong, but here is the thing. The preditor leans the a/f ratio to the limit. Any mod to the car that leans the tune, is to lean. The preditor supports cars that are stock, stock + cai, stock + cat back, or cat back + cai. (items like catch can, etc, that dont impact octane or a/f ratio arent relivant here) So ANY other mod REQUIRES custome tuning. Bore, Stroke, camshaft, turbo, super charger, ported heads, headers, high flows / no cats, all require custome tuning.

The question is where is the line, is cusome tuning required to fully optimize output, is it needed to be safe, or is it needed to run at all?

The Preditor allready puts you lean to the edge, ANY mod that opens air flow will lean the tune to far at full throttle, the only question is how far will that go and how much risk is it.

I can tell you for a fact that DiabloSport tune + shortie headers and stock cats puts the tune at 13:1 a/f ratio, anyone think thats to lean?

Someone needs to do this mod put it on a dyno and do custome tuning, or at least measure it with a wideband O2 and add fuel until its back around 12.5:1.

The 27 tune and earlier required +5% fuel with jba headers to get back to 12.5:1, The 28 tune was a bit richer and only required +3% fuel to get to 12.5:1. I havent tested 29 yet. Point is someone needs to do testing to give an idea where tuning should be at.

IF you NEVER use full throttle, all this is irrelivant because the stock O2 sensor is wide enough to inform the comptuer where to adjust fuel to and will maintain that 14.7:1 in closed loup mode, but at WOT the comptuer goes open loup and simply loads a fixed fuel table in and ignores any sensors monitoring where the a/f ratio is so it wont adjust. Thats where the Preditor tuning comes into play.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts