Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Took my car to the Dyno today. The car is almost bone stock, it has an AEM cold air that picks up behind the front bumper and has a complete Solo Exhaust. Now I have a slight odd ball on it because it has the auto Exhaust on a manual car. I was one of the testers for Solo I believe this was the second set of R/T Cats they built, the car has 7,000 miles with no tuning. ABSOLUTELY NONE we didnt even buy the diablo till last week not once did we see the CEL. First pull was with the car as it has been driven for the last 7,000 miles. (I do not have the dyno sheets right now but will post them early next week). On the first pull the car made 345Hp and 366Ft-lb. The air fuel ratio was at 12.2 so to those that are worried about this DONT BE. When the tuning was done the car was at 362Hp and 388Ft-lb. I took a video and the sound wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I will try to get that up when the Dyno sheets are posted. There was a guy there watching and he had a blown 2000 Vette with a magnaflow exhaust he commented on how good the car sounded then I told him how quiet it is on the highway he immediately took down Solos name. Thank you Solo for your customer service and the opportunity to be a tester for you.
Was the 12.2 a/f ratio with the stock tune or a diabloSport canned tune?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The first pull was stock without the Diablo on it. I am attaching the dyno sheet but need to figure out how to do video.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Thats pretty good. It takes a bundle of mods combined to add up to that much increase over stock.

Your right at 6.1L SRT-8 power to the rear wheels with that setup.
Its unfortunate your sheet doesnt show a/f ratio.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The first pull was stock without the Diablo on it. I am attaching the dyno sheet but need to figure out how to do video.

Very nice! Which canned tune are you running and which revision?

·
Registered
40 Posts
They started off with the 93 tune but it didnt really make much difference. Ill tell you what though the guys at Fastlane woke this car up we tried the canned tune and it was just a little better than stock,

Here is the video:

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Did they say what they did? add +5% fuel ?

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Hello All,

SOLO Performance now has a new and improved website. The site has more comprehensive product specifications, as well as updated pricing. With the rising cost of stainless steel, we have decided to keep our pricing stable. This ensures that we will be able to continue delivering quality products at affordable prices. Visit our site at Stainless Steel Performance Exhaust Kit, Exhaust Tips, Mufflers, Resonators | SOLO and see all of our products for your Challenger. You can order directly off of our site, or call me direct to order at 516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST). Have a great day and thanks for the support:)

Steve, Jeff, and the SOLO Crew

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I for one want to say a BIG thank you for bringing such great products to market, with resonators to eleminate drone to O2 extensions to keep cel's from occuring.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I for one want to say a BIG thank you for bringing such great products to market, with resonators to eleminate drone to O2 extensions to keep cel's from occuring.
We really appreciate the kind words! We want to thank to car enthusiast community for supporting us and bringing us many great memories over the past few years! We have learned so much working with this community and will continue to uphold our high standards for quality and customer service!!

Steve

·
Registered
504 Posts
So what is the current price on these now and do you offer additional stainless steel bung? The reason I ask is I need to re-attach my A/F gauge and need to weld another bung in on the drivers side if I were to go with your cats.

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
So what is the current price on these now and do you offer additional stainless steel bung? The reason I ask is I need to re-attach my A/F gauge and need to weld another bung in on the drivers side if I were to go with your cats.

Thanks for any info
Dont you have your wideband O2 attached into the headers?

·
Registered
504 Posts
No my wideband is between my JBA header flange and the current OEM cat on the drivers side!

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
The current price is 774.50 shipped. We can add on an extra 02 bung wherever you want it. That would be 35 extra per bung. We would plug them, and you could remove the plug when you need to use the bung.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
The current price is 774.50 shipped. We can add on an extra 02 bung wherever you want it. That would be 35 extra per bung. We would plug them, and you could remove the plug when you need to use the bung.
Anything that opens up that much hp will require custome tuning, Dyno based, or at least wideband O2, so you can use the preditor to increase 5-10% fuel to get the a/f ratio back to 12.5:1

Just short tube headers requires about +3% fuel, and that only yealds about +9hp, these high flow cats are more than double that.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
HAPPY NEW YEAR from all of us at SOLO Performance!

All kits are in stock and ready to ship. Shipping is FREE to the continental US and some parts of Canada.

Call today to get your SOLO Performance catback exhaust kit and/or high flow converters at 516-655-9002. I take calls until midnight EST, 7 days a week. Thanks so much and have a happy and healthy New Year!

Steve

61 - 80 of 92 Posts