Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Vendor
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
All kits and products are in stock and ready to ship. Feel free to call me at 516-655-9002 or email me at [email protected] with any questions or to place an order. Thanks from all of us at Solo Performance and have a great day!

Steve

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
IMO this is the best kit available, and is designed to get around emissions testing issues, and yields massive hp gains compared to other basic bolt on mods.
To fully realize hp you will need to add fuel in other words add diablosport predator and custom tune, or at least use a wideband o2.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well folks its the ending of an Era. I was one of the first testers for the Solo high flow cats on the R/T and I am trading in my 2010 R/T for a 2014 SRT8. I didn't put a whole lot of mileage on the Solo system It was right about 30k when I took the kit off. During the time I did get a check engine light for each side for low signal if I remember right. Both times I was able to put a J bend on the o2 sensor and never had a problem after that. The car ran great and I always got comments about the exhaust. I will be putting this one up for sale and will be ordering a new one from SOLO soon. FYI the video of my car is back on page 7 if you want to hear the system.

Edit: I talked to Steve at Solo. I had dealt with them when I got the first CEL and haven't really since. Turns out they already know about the problem with the CEL light coming on with the extenders they had in my kit and have since fixed the issue.

·
Vendor
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
We have all kits in stock and ready to ship! Call today to place your order and become part of the SOLO family. You can reach me 7 days a week, until midnight EST at 516-655-9002. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you!

Steve

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey Steve - I bought a solo kit in the first group buy and still love it! That was 3+ years ago and now I seem to be getting a rattle in the exhaust as it warms up. I've loosened / tighened things up to make sure everything is snug. When the exhaust is cold I have shaken it around (when loose) and can't hear anything rattling then.

I'm wondering if you have any idea of what could be causing a rattle once the exhaust warms up?

·
Vendor
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Hey Steve - I bought a solo kit in the first group buy and still love it! That was 3+ years ago and now I seem to be getting a rattle in the exhaust as it warms up. I've loosened / tighened things up to make sure everything is snug. When the exhaust is cold I have shaken it around (when loose) and can't hear anything rattling then.

I'm wondering if you have any idea of what could be causing a rattle once the exhaust warms up?
A rattle can be so many things. if it is not doing it when you bang on it, then chances are its not the muffler. I would check all of your clearances to the body (the pipes), and also the heat shields. Sometimes bolts come loose on the heat shields and they can rattle when the car vibrates.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2015 Challenger RT Scat Pack (392 hemi). Are there high flow performance Catalytic converters for this? or does this car already have high flow performance Catalytic converters ? I know it comes stock with shorty headers.

Thanks James.

·
Vendor
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hi,

I have a 2015 Challenger RT Scat Pack (392 hemi). Are there high flow performance Catalytic converters for this? or does this car already have high flow performance Catalytic converters ? I know it comes stock with shorty headers.

Thanks James.
We don't have HF cats for the 2015 yet…we just finished the exhaust kits for them. The stock cats are not high flowing ones to my knowledge. Thanks so much for the question.

Steve

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for a solo performance exhaust for my 16 RT. One of my buddies has a solo on his older RT (older than 14). He said he has some drone issues, has this been rectified for 16? I know your shop is in Mississauga and I am in brsmpton so it's quite convinient for me.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
When the J pipes are set correctly and the kit is installed properly, there is no drone on a stock or lightly modified car. Heavier modifications will require you to adjust J pipes (they are obviously adjustable). We have a new kit for the 2015-16 models...same components but made to fit the new models. Call me anytime at 516-655-9002. Thanks:)

Steve

·
Vendor
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
What is Solo doing for 2018's?
We currently have high flow cats for the 2015+ Challenger Scat Pack 392/SRT/Hellcat. They are special order and are currently $599 a pair with free shipping. Call us anytime at 516-655-9002.

Steve

81 - 92 of 92 Posts