Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After staring at the system laying in my living room for a week I finally got around to having it installed this morning. I'll try to attach a before/after vid below along with some pics of the install. Everything went pretty well. The fit seems top notch and there really wasn't much to the install. I think it would've been a total ***** to do it on jack stands but who knows. It really sounds nothing like stock. I have a 2010 R/T with the auto tranny so we all know how lame the stock system is with the suitcase muffler and huge resonators.

So how does it sound...? In a word: awesome! :thumbsup:

It's significantly louder than stock and to me sounds like the car should have sounded from the factory. Very deep tone at idle and really screams when you get on it. I'm not a WOT kind of guy so I can't speak to that yet. :) On the way home from the shop I, for the first time, heard the "drone" that everyone complains about. Not surprising since this new system only has one tiny muffler and no resonators at all. It does sound kind of odd but it doesn't really bother me. That being said, I was planning to disable the MDS before I even bought the Solo system so it won't be an issue at all soon. But if drone bothers you I'd wait for Solo's upcoming system that is being designed specifically for MDS models.

This system was a total bargain at $630 (with tips!!!). That was the group discount price, mind you. Not sure if Solo is still offering that price. Even if they're not it's still worth the price.

Now, let me try to upload some pics and a vid......

A note on the vid: It seems the Solo systems demonstrate alot of "flutter" when captured on video but this is NOT the case in person. This video has tons of flutter unfortunately. My camera sucks and maybe I was too close but in person it sounds badass.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Just some info for further videos, if you keep the camera out of the direct path of the pipes it should sound much cleaner. Off to the side of the car a little should be a better representation. System sounds good though

·
Registered
302 Posts
I tell you I love Corsa's but my mind was made up even before this thread but godamn this exhaust sounds SICK!!!!!!!

I will hopefully be ordering mine next week, congrats on yours!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pull the trigger guys...you won't regret it!

The fit is perfect and the price is right. :)

Now I need to hook up the Predator I just bought. :scratchhead:

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Thanks so much for the kind words...we are so happy that you love your kit! Once that MDS is off, it's going to be amazing. For those with MDS, we have a kit almost complete that will be for the MDS equipped cars:) Keep an eye out:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey Iceman, thanx, that sounds good.

hey Steve,
when do you suppose the MDS system will be ready? and is there a group purchase going on with it yet?

·
Vendor
975 Posts
hey Iceman, thanx, that sounds good.

hey Steve,
when do you suppose the MDS system will be ready? and is there a group purchase going on with it yet?
The MDS kit should be ready very soon...we have our tester installing the new rear section tomorrow morning. I am sending you a PM.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The MDS kit should be ready very soon...we have our tester installing the new rear section tomorrow morning. I am sending you a PM.
Keep us posted on this MDS system. I believe there are quite a few of us on here ready to see and hear when this system will be ready.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Very nice system. Sounds alot like my Magnaflow comp but it looks like a much cleaner install. From what I see if I did it all over again I am thinking I would have went with this Solo.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Thanks so much for the kind words...we are so happy that you love your kit! Once that MDS is off, it's going to be amazing. For those with MDS, we have a kit almost complete that will be for the MDS equipped cars:) Keep an eye out:)
do you know about how much the mds systems are going to cost?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Steve,
I plain on replacing my exhaust manifold on my 5.7 with a pair of SRT shorties. How will that affect the tone of the exhaust with your setup? Will it be loader with the shorties?

·
Vendor
975 Posts
do you know about how much the mds systems are going to cost?
Probably in the $875 range before the group buy discount:)

Hi Steve,
I plain on replacing my exhaust manifold on my 5.7 with a pair of SRT shorties. How will that affect the tone of the exhaust with your setup? Will it be loader with the shorties?
Probably just a tiny bit...shorties shouldn't add too much volume...it should deepen the note a bit as well...which is a good thing:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts