Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
As promised, we have begun development of our HF cats for the Challenger. I order to come out with converters that are drone free, bolt-on, boost performance, and don't trip a CEL, a few things are needed.

We would love to get an SRT-8 manual, SRT-8 auto, R/T manual, and R/T auto in the shop. We would only need one of each model car if someone could confirm with us that the design and fit of the cats is the same on both the auto and manual version of each model. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, if you would like to let us use your car in our Mississauga store (1.5 hours from Buffalo, NY), we would take great care of you and it would help the rest of the community. The faster we get cars in the shop, the faster we have our HF cat Group Buy!!! Thanks so much and please post or send me a PM if you are interested:)

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
To bad I'm 3000 miles on the other side of the country. ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Steve, what would be the risk of it throwing a codes and screwing up warranty while Solo is testing? Also, what would be the arrangements if I lent my car for it?

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve, what would be the risk of it throwing a codes and screwing up warranty while Solo is testing? Also, what would be the arrangements if I lent my car for it?
We won't sell them to you if they throw a code. We will be using our own in-house made 02 extenders that will be keeping the CEL off. If you're interested, please call Jeff at 905-703-1557 and he can work it out with you:) He is a great guy and they will all take great care of both your car and yourself!

Steve

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ok Steve, thanks. I might call him Monday.

Do you have any ideas on how much HP/TQ your expecting to pick up on the SRT?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Wish I was closer!!!! :(

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,121 Posts
Good luck on developing this:thumbsup:
This is a product I would be interested in:smokin:
Bolt on power with no CEL's is a big deal!

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: We have had a set of high flow cats on an SRT-8 now for 175 miles with no CEL!! We have made significant progress and it will be bolt on:) The dyno went extremely well and we will be posting an offering when the testing is complete. You will all be very happy!!

Steve

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
The High Flow Cats from SOLO are the REAL DEAL. I've had them on my g8 gt for already a year now and they're still as awesome as the day I got them! I dyno similarly to those with headers, yet I have the stock manifolds mated to these cats mated to a SOLO Catback with the J-pipes.

I'm very excited to see that SOLO is bringing these great HF Cats to the Challenger community as well!

Awesome!!

:)

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
They have my car right now. I have been been talking with Jeff and bob and Jason and don all week and I feel very confident with there r&d on these hf cats. It's been almost 400 miles and still no cel. And the dyne #'s are very impressive. They asked me not to release how much yet until more testing is done but I can say you will be blown away. One thing about solo is they take good care of your car. So if anyone is thinking of being a tester you are in good hands. You don't have to worry about anything. They have to be the smartest people in the business. True car guys with a passion for putting out quality products at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I obviously can't make it to the Buffalo/Toronto area but I'm willing to be a CEL guinea pig for the R/T auto version.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I obviously can't make it to the Buffalo/Toronto area but I'm willing to be a CEL guinea pig for the R/T auto version.
Perfect! Give Jeff a call at 905-703-1557 and let him know...he will set you up to test the auto R/T cats:)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Are these going to be a 3" cat and are they going to to be midpipes too.

Reason I ask the cats in my Dynatech SuperMax are starting to get loose inside and I don't think I want to replace it with the thier 2.75 mids

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are these going to be a 3" cat and are they going to to be midpipes too.

Reason I ask the cats in my Dynatech SuperMax are starting to get loose inside and I don't think I want to replace it with the thier 2.75 mids

Yes they are 3” mandrel bent stainless steel. We use a 200 cell ultra high flow converter that is rated to 6.0L per side. The converter assembly is structured like this from the end of the manifold back:)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes they are 3” mandrel bent stainless steel. We use a 200 cell ultra high flow converter that is rated to 6.0L per side. The converter assembly is structured like this from the end of the manifold back:)
So they are going to be made to bolt right up to the stock headers correct

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So they are going to be made to bolt right up to the stock headers correct
Yes, they will bolt right up to the stock equipment:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Steve
I have a few questions:

1) I have an R/T manual are you still looking for testers?

2) When I decide to get LT headers will this bolt right up to it?

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
302 Posts
You guys need a guiney pig for your HF cats for a 6 speed?

Im in NYC.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Steve
I have a few questions:

1) I have an R/T manual are you still looking for testers?

2) When I decide to get LT headers will this bolt right up to it?

Thanks
Kevin
1. Yes:)

2. LT headers usually extend past the cats...you would probably have to cut the necks off of the cats and then weld them inline with LT headers. Any header that directly bolts up to the stock cats will bolt up to ours:)

You guys need a guiney pig for your HF cats for a 6 speed?

Im in NYC.
Sure, give Jeff a call at 905-703-1557 on Tuesday...he will set you up and go over it with you. He is getting a procedure done tomorrow and will be out of commission for the day.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sure, give Jeff a call at 905-703-1557 on Tuesday...he will set you up and go over it with you. He is getting a procedure done tomorrow and will be out of commission for the day.

Just left Jeff a message about it and awaiting a call back.

Steve I will be calling you hopefully by the end of the week to order my Mach 3 NT.

Its been a crazy week at work so far!!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts