Dodge Challenger Forum banner

281 - 300 of 302 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I agree Solo makes a nice exhaust and sounds so good but there are issues. I just hate how they say call us we will take care of it. Nothing they say works. Just keeps you going in circles until you get tired of it and replace it or go back stock. Amazing the problems goes away then ???

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wished I had read this earlier before I purchased the Solo Cats to be more informed on possabilities but I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on them. So far so good. I installed them on my 5.7 with 6.4 SRT exhaust manifolds in Dec '14.No leaks No codes...Lots of added Power.There was some confusion because of 5.7 to 6.4 changes .Solo was GREAT, they returned calls on the weekend ,from home on their cell lines and shipped out overnite on a holiday (at their cost ) without waiting for return or requiring deposit first. They understood my car was on the rack and needed asap.I cant say enough good stuff about them for helping me out in a tight situation. But I'm sure if I do have any issues they'll try to rectify them.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Hi to everyone. We have been working as promised on a solution for the ones who have leak issues with the nuts backing off on our SRT-8 High Flow Cats. Again, we’re very sorry for the trouble to the ones that are experiencing this. We have secured a manufacturer and machine shop to make us the front flanges like the stock Chrysler ones. They have the lathed inner “cup” and are an extremely heavy duty ½” thick flange. We talked to countless sources before we found a willing vendor. We have the flanges in hand are making the cats with these flanges from now on. If you are experiencing leak problems with their current set of cats (original buyers only) please contact Steve (516) 655-9002 or Jeff (905) 703-1557 to discuss ways to fix the problem including the possibility of sending out a new set of converters for you. Issues will be dealt with fairly on a case by case basis. We look forward to putting these problems behind us is a speedy and cooperative manner. We have put int the time to correct the problem some customers are having, and it is not an overnight fix. It takes time to make sure the fix is done correctly, which is why we have not posted anything recently. Thanks so much for your support.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I experienced this very same issue. My solution was simply to go down to my local Ace hardware and get four metric "crush" nuts and washers. Only two backed off but I went and changed all of them. No more leaks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
SOLO is a great vendor they shipped me new cats all the way to the middle east
(free of cost)

they are the best vendor on the forums with unmatched customer service

thank you steve/jeff

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
582 Posts
Well I guess I'm not alone. I got the mil light and it turns out they are going lose at the collector as well. I had to order new collector bolts because of them coming loose and tightening them up again, one bolt has started to strip. This is not gonna be a fun job.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Well I guess I'm not alone. I got the mil light and it turns out they are going lose at the collector as well. I had to order new collector bolts because of them coming loose and tightening them up again, one bolt has started to strip. This is not gonna be a fun job.

See my post 2 above this one...if you're having a major issue with leaking using our cats, call us and we will review your case. The new design eliminates this, but we need to verify a few things before we can go ahead and warranty.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Jeff and his staff have worked diligently to resolve my cel complaint, and replaced my cats last month with their new end design. I am happy to report that so far so good. No cel light. The true test will be track days, but considering how quickly my old ones failed after attempts to keep them tight I beleive they have solved the problem! Thanks and nice work guys!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Jeff and his staff have worked diligently to resolve my cel complaint, and replaced my cats last month with their new end design. I am happy to report that so far so good. No cel light. The true test will be track days, but considering how quickly my old ones failed after attempts to keep them tight I beleive they have solved the problem! Thanks and nice work guys!
WOW! You installed the cats on 5/5 2011 and just now getting them to corrected it? Slow service to me.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
582 Posts
Ya I'm on my second set same leak and check engine light. I'm going back to stock mid pipes one day. The cell light is hit and miss at times. The leaks I can hear and its worst when cold ( metal shrinks)

·
Registered
180 Posts
WOW! You installed the cats on 5/5 2011 and just now getting them to corrected it? Slow service to me.
Your right goebell it did take way too long for a fix but it was not due to being ignored, or a lack of effort on Solo's part.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #294 (Edited)
We are taking care of any issues from the older sets of cats that do have a leak. Customers that send us an email with their information and what the issue is are all being taken care of. It's not easy to just quickly make a change and hope it works. We will get back to you in a timely and polite manner, hoping that we get the same from the customer. Remember, not everything you read here tells the entire story. Thanks for the continued support and have a great day!

Steve

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just had heads, cam, and throttle body installed. With many heat soaked pulls on the dyno before and during tuning after, I can state there is no longer a problem with the Solo cats. No CEL light has reappeared everything is still tight with no leak!

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's been almost another month with a lot of hard driving and a track day as well. Happy to say still no CEL light to report!

·
Registered
180 Posts
:grin2:Well I am happy to report after an entire summer of driving and racing that the Solo high flow cats never backed off. The new cat design works!

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
:grin2:Well I am happy to report after an entire summer of driving and racing that the Solo high flow cats never backed off. The new cat design works!
Excellent!!! Glad they have held up and you are happy! Thanks for reporting back and for the feedback!

Steve

281 - 300 of 302 Posts