Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm shuffling off to buffalo Monday to be a test car for solo performance high flow cats for my RT .very excited and nervous at the same time but looking toward to the upgrade.I think they have a RT in there now but I have predator 93 octane tune on mine so hopefully that won't present any problems.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres is the update.....I have put exactly 600 miles on these (mostly highway) and no check engine light.From the driving I have done the last couple of days I notice more throtle response and no hesation from a dead stop .I can not give any actual HP gains because there was no dyno test I guess my car was more of a test fit then a performance check,All the guys from Solo Performance are top notch but a special shout out to Bob (Thanks for the tour ),Don(Just greek to me was a GREAT Diner) and Jason(for explaining and showing everything to me 20 times over with patiance much appreciated).Also thanks to Jeff for putting this all together,They let me check out the cats with my exsisting exhaust set up and they also put on the solo system so I could see which I liked better.I had no resinators on my flowmaster setup and be forwarned if you are going to do the RT hi flow cats for the auto the drone was insane w/o the resonators. I ended up doing the solo system ,much less drone but I would not say drone free(but I think I can adjust the J pipes to tweek that part of it but I can live with it for now.) Im going to be doing JBA shorty headers and a custom tune in a couple of weeks so I will get it dyno tested after that.All in all I love the sound of my car and like I said I feel a better throtle response with thses hi flow cats and that was with both exhaust system I tried them with. Im not sure when they will be releasing these but I would say They will be money well spent,my favorite upgrade since my predator tune.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, thanks for the update. one question though. Do yours have the small secondary resonators on them like they put on the srt version?

Rob

·
Banned
811 Posts
Heres is the update.....I have put exactly 600 miles on these (mostly highway) and no check engine light.From the driving I have done the last couple of days I notice more throtle response and no hesation from a dead stop .I can not give any actual HP gains because there was no dyno test I guess my car was more of a test fit then a performance check,All the guys from Solo Performance are top notch but a special shout out to Bob (Thanks for the tour ),Don(Just greek to me was a GREAT Diner) and Jason(for explaining and showing everything to me 20 times over with patiance much appreciated).Also thanks to Jeff for putting this all together,They let me check out the cats with my exsisting exhaust set up and they also put on the solo system so I could see which I liked better.I had no resinators on my flowmaster setup and be forwarned if you are going to do the RT hi flow cats for the auto the drone was insane w/o the resonators. I ended up doing the solo system ,much less drone but I would not say drone free(but I think I can adjust the J pipes to tweek that part of it but I can live with it for now.) Im going to be doing JBA shorty headers and a custom tune in a couple of weeks so I will get it dyno tested after that.All in all I love the sound of my car and like I said I feel a better throtle response with thses hi flow cats and that was with both exhaust system I tried them with. Im not sure when they will be releasing these but I would say They will be money well spent,my favorite upgrade since my predator tune.
Can not wait. I also have an R/T auto and their J pipes exhaust, and am planning JBA shorties, the Arrington 85mm TB, and a dyno tune along with these things.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Do you alway hear the drone, or just when the MDS kicks in? I've gotten used to using the Autostick so the MDS doesn't come on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, thanks for the update. one question though. Do yours have the small secondary resonators on them like they put on the srt version?
Yes they do.

Rob
Do you alway hear the drone, or just when the MDS kicks in? I've gotten used to using the Autostick so the MDS doesn't come on.
Its not all the time and not that bad,seems to be from 2200-2500 rpms)the thing is I thought I turned off the MDS with the predator but going to have to double check that. I also talked to Bob from Solo today and I know that if I adjust the J pipes I can work on getting rid of the drone that way. Putting on shorty headers and a tune soon so going to leave it for now because Im sure it will need some adjusting after that also. Im going to have to work on the autostick some more,the slowing down part i wasnt really sure what to do any tips for a rookie? (never drove a manual transmission before.)

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Don't worry about anything. Those cats
Are fine. If you do what they say you won't have any Problem. It seems that your already out of the woods with 600 miles on them. I have close to 4000 on mine and never had a problem. You have a little drone but really not much. Well I should not comment on that because you have an rt I have an srt. I how ever have very very little drone. Almost known. I can almost say they are drone free. But too the ones that have very sensitive ears. Well you can't please them. Good luck with them Solo will take good care of you. And keep every one updated.

·
Banned
903 Posts
So these high flow cats will work with stock SRT manifolds? I'm running the Corsa sport cat back right now, how much difference will these make in the sound of the exhaust? Will it change the tone much? So I gather from the prior post there is no code issues? I was considering the Magna Flow cats but I have read to many post about throwing code issues and I don't want the hassle with the CEL, Galveston County in Texas is to much of a PIA on emissions inspections.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
So these high flow cats will work with stock SRT manifolds? I'm running the Corsa sport cat back right now, how much difference will these make in the sound of the exhaust? Will it change the tone much? So I gather from the prior post there is no code issues? I was considering the Magna Flow cats but I have read to many post about throwing code issues and I don't want the hassle with the CEL, Galveston County in Texas is to much of a PIA on emissions inspections.
The cats that we have out already for the SRT8 will work with the SRT8 manifold. They will bolt right up. The catback you have from Corsa will get deeper and a little louder. We just installed the SRT8 cats in our shop on a customers car with the Corsa and from what I understand, it sounded really good. There are no CEL issues. All of the customers that have them on will attest to that as well. I hope this helps:)

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Pleeeease make them affordable, we're po'.

Jack

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Steve,
I was just looking thru your web site and I didn't see the SRT Cat's listed, do you have a link to them with pricing?
Hello and thanks for the message. The SRT8 cats are a new product and haven't been put on the site yet. They are currently on group buy for one more week and are priced at $677.45 shipped (down from $798 shipped). Here is the link to the product thread on this forum: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f167/group-buy-solo-performance-srt-8-high-flow-cats-56379/

You can call me direct at 516-655-9002 to place an order.

Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.