81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow great sounding car John!!

What a great product Solo put out. Now i can't decide X-pipe or Mufflered X-pipe haha. If it was just me definately just the x-pipe, but i don't want the wife to make me take it off because she can't stand the sound inside if it ends up being too loud haha!

If the sound comes all out the pipes then heck...i wonder if it works vice versa, if the x pipe gets too loud if i can swap with the mufflered one.

Any case the exhaust sound amazing.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
There's two videos
The last one posted is just the Xpipe driving around
There is one with the muffler and hf
That one is the one that is the 1/4 drag down a road

It should be on solos site

·
Vendor
974 Posts
If anyone has any questions or would like to order one at presale pricing, give me a call anytime. Call for pricing, as it will only be for a short time until we officially release it.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If anyone has any questions or would like to order one at presale pricing, give me a call anytime. Call for pricing, as it will only be for a short time until we officially release it.
Questions:
I already own the SRT-8 Mach X-3. Currently there is some drone around the 1300 -1500 RPM range that I don't care for at times.
According to Renfrick there is no drone with the x-pipe. Could not tell from his video if there was or wasn't any.

Can the x-pipe be easily swapped out with the muffler? .....and if after doing it I don't like the loudness or find that the drone is worse can the muffler be put back on?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've got the X-pipe no muffler system for the RT 5A. Man I'm so glad I went this way, had some good forum members recommend Solo for my car because of the MDS, and decided to skip the muffler and buy the X-pipe first. I like hearing a muscle car, drove Cuda's for 20 years with glass packs. I now have a great sounding rumble, can not stand a dead quiet inside on a muscle car, if I wanted quiet I would of stuck with my Trailblazer. I love this sound, and no drone because of the J-pipes. Its a great sound and the more you get on it the better it sounds. I was afraid my wife would think it was too loud inside but she said it sounds good. I could drive this car all day with this sound, I can have the radio on low and here music and the rumble cruising down the road…but find unless theres a good song on I rather hear the sound….Thanks Solo for a perfect product, the RT should of came out of factory with your product!!!!! I thought if it was too loud I would just order the muffler to replace the X-pipe……Thanks for the FAST service and shipping Steve….I won't be getting the muffler, X-Pipe is on to Stay!!!!!

I have a you tube video up after install, start up and some revs but it doesn't do it justice. And its so much better when under load, got 400 miles on it and it keeps getting a better and better sound.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
I've got the X-pipe no muffler system for the RT 5A. Man I'm so glad I went this way, had some good forum members recommend Solo for my car because of the MDS, and decided to skip the muffler and buy the X-pipe first. I like hearing a muscle car, drove Cuda's for 20 years with glass packs. I now have a great sounding rumble, can not stand a dead quiet inside on a muscle car, if I wanted quiet I would of stuck with my Trailblazer. I love this sound, and no drone because of the J-pipes. Its a great sound and the more you get on it the better it sounds. I was afraid my wife would think it was too loud inside but she said it sounds good. I could drive this car all day with this sound, I can have the radio on low and here music and the rumble cruising down the road…but find unless theres a good song on I rather hear the sound….Thanks Solo for a perfect product, the RT should of came out of factory with your product!!!!! I thought if it was too loud I would just order the muffler to replace the X-pipe……Thanks for the FAST service and shipping Steve….I won't be getting the muffler, X-Pipe is on to Stay!!!!!

I have a you tube video up after install, start up and some revs but it doesn't do it justice. And its so much better when under load, got 400 miles on it and it keeps getting a better and better sound.

We are so happy that you love it. Welcome to the Solo family!!

Steve

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
195 Posts

I am on the fence of buying either solo or flowmaster for my 16 RT.

I have heard solo on an older year RT (prior to 2015) and love it however when I asked him he did say there is a bit of drone.

Would you please post the video?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
185 Posts

Hello, after much research I am contemplating going Solo on my Challenger 2015 RT A8! But now this conversation between the Solo Mach X vs Solo X Pipe has me which is right for me. Do you happen to have any videos?

Opinions anyone?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
185 Posts
I ended up going with the Solo X Pipe system for my 2015 Challenger RT! I could not be any happier! Love the exaust note, I now definitely feel like I have a muscle car!

Got a great deal from Steve at Solo as well! I also ended up with some dual quad tips installed after my brother and I installed the exaust. Thanks to all for all of your great input in helping me make my decision!!! Could not be any happier, I can now enjoy my muscle car!!!
Hope this helps anyone else looking into upgrading their exaust for their car.

Attachments

81 - 99 of 99 Posts