Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on vacation in nj. I called a dealer because they had a blue challenger advertised and I wanted to see if it was b5 blue because I want to see the color in person so when I order my 15 I know what it looks like in person. I call the dealer and ask him if the one they had on the lot was b5 blue. He said it's jazz blue, I ask do you have any b5 blues on the lot and he told me he doesn't know what that is, he only knows the name of the colors!

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger
134 Posts
B5 it Is not a regular color. it has not been in production for a long time. Some salesman may not know about it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Your first mistake was expecting a salesman to know ANYTHING about the car he is selling. He's a salesman, and that's all. Not a car guy, not an afficianado. All he knows is what is on the sticker, and regurgitates it back to you. You are interested in a specific model and know all about it. He only knows what's on the window sheet.
I guess you also expect the clerk at Autozone to know anything about the parts he/she is selling, too? Silly rabbit!

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
B5 is known as B5 not by a name as far as it goes here. Unless that car you saw listed was a 2010 it isn't B5 as the new ones aren't on lots yet. There are many photos online, it's a beautiful color.
We hyper focus on one model and know everything about it, to a salesman at a dealer it's just a car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. I was stuck between white and silver but now I need b5 on a 15 shaker. I'm actually selling my 10 Shelby gt500 vert with 200 miles on it as we speak on eBay for it.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
B5 is known as B5 not by a name as far as it goes here. Unless that car you saw listed was a 2010 it isn't B5 as the new ones aren't on lots yet. There are many photos online, it's a beautiful color.
We hyper focus on one model and know everything about it, to a salesman at a dealer it's just a car.
As an FYI, There is a 2010 B5 SRT at a certain dealers lot on Rt23 in NNJ.

A GOOD sales person should know his / her product. Not necessarily all the minuscule details we harvest. But they should know the available models, colors, major base equipment and options, and features - and know where to find anything else not known off hand. Anything less is a BAD sales person.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As an FYI, There is a 2010 B5 SRT at a certain dealers lot on Rt23 in NNJ.

A GOOD sales person should know his / her product. Not necessarily all the minuscule details we harvest. But they should know the available models, colors, major base equipment and options, and features - and know where to find anything else not known off hand. Anything less is a BAD sales person.
I'm in seaside

·
Registered
260 Posts
Everyone is jumping on the salesman, but he knows what he has and knows what he doesn't. Just because he doesn't know a specific color offered on a car 5 years ago doesn't mean he is ignorant about Challengers. Anyway, "B5" might be a totally different shade 5 years later. You're taking up his time for a car on his lot that you are not going to buy, and you're upset with him?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I've purchased 18 mustangs and 5 Shelbys, also just traded a 14 SRT grand Cherokee back after 3 months owning and found most dealers don't know much about anything they are selling. That's why they don't last long in the business. The dodge guy I used for both my 14 grand Cherokees my SRT Jeep and my SRT caliber knew everything about the cars I was buying, so yes I was upset that I got zero information from a guy who works for the company I am about to spend $40,000 +

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Everyone is jumping on the salesman, but he knows what he has and knows what he doesn't. Just because he doesn't know a specific color offered on a car 5 years ago doesn't mean he is ignorant about Challengers. Anyway, "B5" might be a totally different shade 5 years later. You're taking up his time for a car on his lot that you are not going to buy, and you're upset with him?
If he has it on his lot or in his order system, he should have the answers. If not in his head, and it is not an everyday question, then at an arms length.

I had a salesman a couple of weeks ago reading a Moroney sticker to confirm for himself if an RT was a V8. Inexcusable.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If he has it on his lot or in his order system, he should have the answers. If not in his head, and it is not an everyday question, then at an arms length.

I had a salesman a couple of weeks ago reading a Moroney sticker to confirm for himself if an RT was a V8. Inexcusable.
Ummm that's 'MONRONEY' ace..............Inexcusable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.