Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know how most McDonald's have those lanes to go in if you're going around the line to get out? I was in that and some guy in the drive through lane cut out in front of me. I blared my horn and he just kept coming so I slammed my brakes and swerved as much as I could in the opposite direction. He ended up being REALLY close to my left front panel and I flipped him off (probably not a good thing to do) and we both drove off. It didn't sound or feel like he hit me but I'm always really paranoid about dents and scratches so the whole incident is just bothering me. It's also pouring rain so I can't really look at my car. Has anyone ever hit any of y'all?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't had any issues in my Challenger yet, but I had at least one close call a week in my Mustang (Competition Orange, not like you couldn't see it!). The only reason I didn't get hit in my Mustang was because I was always paying attention.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I swear that some people do extra stupid things around my car, because they think I care enough to avoid an accident. People pull out right in front of me all of the time, and it's not like a sublime car is hard to notice. They don't do it nearly as often when I'm in my truck, or my wife's Cherokee.

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Yeah, that happened to me a few weeks ago in my Jeep. I was returning home from work (it was raining) and I was going around a tight right-hand bend, and the other guy was turning left around the same bend coming at me but cut it too sharp. He would have hit me if I hadn't jerked the wheel to get out of his way. It was really close. And there was a car in front of him to follow; he just wasn't following his lane.

Pay attention out there folks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you're that upset over it you should probably trade your car in for a bus pass.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I live in California.

I'm surprised they still obey the traffic lights here. Stop signs are apparently suggestions and your blinker is either used as a last resort when people realize that you cannot read their ****ing minds and swerve in front of your car with a last second blinker flash, or they're used 2 miles out from where they want to turn and pass 3 right turns before they finally reach their actual intersection.

The left lane is a "cruising at speed limit" lane, which turns the right lanes into passing lanes when everyone and their mothers want to hog the left lanes. Highways are essentially tightly packed groups of cars with intermittent empty spaces in between.

I ****ing hate this place.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're that upset over it you should probably trade your car in for a bus pass.
Maybe he is young. IF not........... "step to the rear".
I am young.. but I don't see the problem in being upset over car almost being damaged due to someone's lack of attention. Pretty natural responce for someone that cares about their car lol

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,469 Posts
I live in California.

I'm surprised they still obey the traffic lights here. Stop signs are apparently suggestions and your blinker is either used as a last resort when people realize that you cannot read their ****ing minds and swerve in front of your car with a last second blinker flash, or they're used 2 miles out from where they want to turn and pass 3 right turns before they finally reach their actual intersection.

The left lane is a "cruising at speed limit" lane, which turns the right lanes into passing lanes when everyone and their mothers want to hog the left lanes. Highways are essentially tightly packed groups of cars with intermittent empty spaces in between.

I ****ing hate this place.
You should leave asap. When you find that place with no road hazards and perfect drivers please let us all know so we can move there too.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
You should leave asap. When you find that place with no road hazards and perfect drivers please let us all know so we can move there too.
How's life in black 'n white world?

Everything is either all good or all bad according to you, and since there can't be any place that's perfect, any place that's simply better doesn't exist, right?

If I did find it, I wouldn't tell you just so you can continue to stew in your own absolutist misery.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm just saying if you hate where you are so badly you need to move on to reduce the level of anger you must be carrying around all the time.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I'm just saying if you hate where you are so badly you need to move on to reduce the level of anger you must be carrying around all the time.
Some more of that absolutist wisdom shinning through.

I'm perfectly capable of complaining about a situation and being unable to remedy it at the same time; in case you weren't aware that people had cognitive capacity to do that.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Some more of that absolutist wisdom shinning through.

I'm perfectly capable of complaining about a situation and being unable to remedy it at the same time; in case you weren't aware that people had cognitive capacity to do that.
I stand corrected. Good luck with the anger management. And use your spell checker.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I stand corrected. Good luck with the anger management. And use your spell checker.
You stand on a wobbly table.

The one who needs counsel is you, since you assume I'd waste the blood pressure required to express anger over a forum post, and have resorted to nitpicking typos.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
To the majority of motorists out there, a car is just a car and they only care about themselves and the air space immediately surrounding themselves.
I’d be agitated as well but sadly that’s how society has evolved when everyone just does their own thing and not held to a standard.
Going to any fast food place especially at mealtime has people in a hurry and preoccupied. My Challenger never goes into any lots except if it’s in a car show and still am not fully comfortable. All you can do is stay alert and always be prepared for the unexpected. After that, it is hopefully insured very well since stuff happens.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I had a girl grab her food from the drive-thru then pull away like it was a Nascar pit-stop while I was in the driving lane next to her. Had the nerve to honk at me. I stopped and gave her a lecture on right of way.

Don't get me started about the people who refuse to drive around the McDonald's to get in line for the drive-thru and instead pull in at an angle and block the only accessible entrance from the shopping center.

I don't drive the challenger on the weekends around here. Too many people on the road who only seem to go out driving on Saturday and Sunday. Most close calls I've had were will elderly people and young girls.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts