Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night driving home from downtown Orlando in the dark, pouring rain and tons of stop and go traffic, I see a silver Challenger in the next lane. I pull up next to him because two Challengers look cool together. I notice he has an SXT, nice car. While at the light he starts revving his engine and jerking the car forward. My wife says "what's this guy doing?" I said "IDK". When the light turns green he floors it and spins the wheels on the wet road and then slows back down and looks over. I just shook my head. I'm not gonna race in the rain, in stop and go traffic, with the wife on our anniversary night out! He drives like a complete ass for about 3 miles and finally takes an exit off the road we are on. I have no idea why this jackass acted like that? I did nothing to provoke him, or suggest a race. Dude, if you are reading this, get a life! If you want to race me, lets do it on dry empty roads, or at Orlando Speedway!

Reactions: Felix C.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So last night driving home from downtown Orlando in the dark, pouring rain and tons of stop and go traffic, I see a silver Challenger in the next lane. I pull up next to him because two Challengers look cool together. I notice he has an SXT, nice car. While at the light he starts revving his engine and jerking the car forward. My wife says "what's this guy doing?" I said "IDK". When the light turns green he floors it and spins the wheels on the wet road and then slows back down and looks over. I just shook my head. I'm not gonna race in the rain, in stop and go traffic, with the wife on our anniversary night out! He drives like a complete ass for about 3 miles and finally takes an exit off the road we are on. I have no idea why this jackass acted like that? I did nothing to provoke him, or suggest a race. Dude, if you are reading this, get a life! If you want to race me, lets do it on dry empty roads, or at Orlando Speedway!
Yea I had a guy do this to me in another Challenger last week. I understand wanting to have fun but not in traffic and secondly why against another challenger? Its like dude I know ur car is nice and fast I have one too lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
101 Posts
"I have no idea why this jackass acted like that?"

I think you answered your own question. Your level head & maturity won over.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Every brand/model has "that guy"

Reactions: ESOLO

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Maybe he figured he had a chance against your RT because it was wet? He's still an idiot!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Orlando was a great place to cruise back in the day. Great memories.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I dont race other Challengers. Makes no sense in my opinion. We both have the same car, plus there's a lot of prey out there to hunt. No reason to go pickin' fights with family.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have a lot of people trying to race me while I am driving around. I almost never do it though. I don't need to race to know my car is better!

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I gave up street racing a long time ago. I used to have tons of fun doing it but after losing 15+ friends to street racing, motorcycle accident, careless motorists, and track wrecks I am DONE. I have a fiancé now and if that isn't something to live for then I don't know what is. I used to be of the state of mind that it was my life to lose but not any more. I want to go home at the end of the night and crawl in bed next to my woman. No amount of street racing is better than that.

Reactions: Felix C.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I'd race another Challenger. Street racing, nah, not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I've had a new Charger R/T and a new 5.0 both try me in the rain..both were idiots

·
Registered
426 Posts
I dont race other Challengers. Makes no sense in my opinion. We both have the same car, plus there's a lot of prey out there to hunt. No reason to go pickin' fights with family.
Exactly. Why race another Challenger? I mean, we're part of a family of cars. No reason to try and one-up another brother. Plus, I'm very cautious when driving my $30k vehicle. Wet roadways and high speeds don't mix well and I don't like to tread those waters. :nono:
Kudos to you for keeping your head on straight...and for thinking of the wife and your anniversary first! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I have to admit, even if the race is lopsided anyone that challenges me in my car gets my ADRENALINE going! I am very much against street racing, as I used to do it when I was younger and somehow survived. But, there have been may two times out of three years of ownership I just had to give it a go!!! :bangin:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
kudos for making a wise decision
sounds like a young kid who was probably just having fun by doing things along the lines of fishtailing on a wet road...you know kids and childish behaviour
But I do seem to remember somebody posting how it's easy to fishtail by punching it into the turn and that it's even easier on wet roads and saves on your tires to boot

·
Registered
263 Posts
I gave up street racing a long time ago. I used to have tons of fun doing it but after losing 15+ friends to street racing, motorcycle accident, careless motorists, and track wrecks I am DONE. I have a fiancé now and if that isn't something to live for then I don't know what is. I used to be of the state of mind that it was my life to lose but not any more. I want to go home at the end of the night and crawl in bed next to my woman. No amount of street racing is better than that.
Amen to that! Well said.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I am also from the Orlando area...but have not been back down to Florida in many years...miss it down there sometimes...and yes Orlando was a cool place to cruise...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I remember being that jackass.

Okay, so I wasn't calling out people with engines that I KNOW are bigger than mine and I really wasn't in a rush to race in the rain but I remember being young and like a revved up puppy, practically wetting myself. But I was a young man who wanted a reason to go fast.

I know there's plenty of guys out there who have at some time or another forgotten that they weren't 23.

Driving out from Arizona on the 10 I did come across an orange Challenger with a license plate "OOP" with what sounded like a nice exhaust. (Anyone here?) Since we were on a long stretch of straight road in late part of dusk, I really wanted to hear his exhaust sing out as I'm looking to eventually upgrade. I dropped a gear and snapped past him and waited hoping he would do the same but communication seemed strained. Eventually I double tapped my brakes and took off as I was behind schedule to get home.

Now that I think about, he might have had the same thoughts, "what the hell is this guy doing?!" when all I wanted to do was hear the exhaust.

Ah, youth.

PS: Totally agree with Esolo, no need to pick a fight with family.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Street racing in dry weather can be dubious at best. In the rain it's just insane. Kudos for not being drawn in.
I actually seem to get more Challengers revving on me on the street then any other cars! My exhaust is pretty loud and often sets off car alarms. Maybe they just want me to "sample" their exhaust note? lol
:cheers:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Now that you mention it, on campus today I parked behind a 2013 rt charger that was "upbadged" SRT. Very nice car still.

Anyway he kind of revved, and I revved back and set off a car alarm lol. Got big thumbs ups lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good choice by not racing that bastard brother lol, I'm from Orlando as well and the amount of rice bunners(Hondas accord with extremely obnoxious pipes) that have tried to race it's unbelievable, I just don't waste my time and gas.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts