Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the weekly cruise-in...there was a '15 Challenger R/T (with a Chrysler engineer)...

Here's some shots: (R/T, automatic, Bright White / Ruby Red/black leather, Super Track Pack.

The differential is a ZF 230mm unit. All the V8s use this differential (the SRT data shows 226mm, but is incorrect).

The interior materials are on par with what the '11+ 300s have - the seat padding is much firmer - more like a European car type of firmness.

From what I can see, the facias and bumpers would bolt up to the '08-'14 body readily. The trunk lid is the same, the tail lamp units mount up just like the earlier years as well.

The engineer mentioned the suspension carries over from the '14...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shot of interior through window (sorry for the glare - bright day)

Attachments

Reactions: owenspackman

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
IMO, the new interior is the nicest in the segment.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
IMO, the new interior is the nicest in the segment.
Agreed, far and beyond. The interior of the '15 Mustang is nice as well but is more evolutionary rather than revolutionary. The interior on the '15 Challenger really, seriously stepped it up. It's going to be love it / hate it for most, but I'm in the "love it" camp.

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tonight I"ll post up more pictures here tonight...have pictures of the two Hellcat hoods, wheels and some side by side shots of SP 6.4 with and w/o the SP Appearance Group option.

In Portland, Chrysler is holding press event and dealer previews of the various '15 Challenger models (SXT, R/T, SP 6.4, SRT392, SRT Hellcat) - they were at the track allowing demos of the cars for press and dealers coming in from all over the 'states.

I got up-close shots of wheels, interiors and the like. Got to see and sit inside the SRT Hellcat...and chat with Jennifer who is the program manager for the SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat as well.
The full Laguna leather in the SRT is nice, saw black and sepia examples. The SXT and R/T get full leather seats if optioned that way - Ruby red leather is all around, not just the facings. There weren't any Pearl / black leather interiors to be seen. Got to see the all black leather/alcantara and the ruby red/black leather / alcantara seats as well.

There were examples in Tri Coat Ivory, Sublime Green, Torred, Granite Crystal and Bright White- probably about 30 cars.
No Shakers unfortunately, as this is late availability and the SP Appearance cars didn't have the SP Bee embroidery on the seat backs as the SP 392 Shaker or SP 6.4 will get with the SP Appearance group (later in the '15 production).

It was a full afternoon was there from 3:45pm to 9:00pm at the weekly cruise in at PIR, which coincided with the Chrysler preview...how cool was that?

PS: I also got close-up shots of the "active exhaust" that all 6.4 and 6.2 Hellcats have (auto & manual) - its an electronic valve between the mid mufflers and the rear resonators. The rear resonators are smaller, round cases vs. the bulky '08-'14 style. I asked the engineers from Chrysler that were there in our group.

Its a valve that has slots in the butterfly to attenuate the sound and opens up under load - no side dumps...just an in-line valve. More roar when you prod the throttle...

Great group of folks and got to meet Ryan Nagode (did the styling on the '15) and Jeff (forgot his last name) another significant player in the program at Chrysler.

These are pre-production builds, so there may be some differences in the final production versions.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Looking forward to pictures! So if all suspension was carried over I wonder if we're still going to have the wheel hop issues.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
415 Posts
Is the non shaker hood a different design then the previous years? I thought I read somewhere it was redesigned? It looks like the vents are wider and closer to the bumper. If so I wonder if it would bolt right up and line up with the other panels?

I always felt that they missed the proportions on the hood on our cars compared to the original.

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the non shaker hood a different design then the previous years? I thought I read somewhere it was redesigned? It looks like the vents are wider and closer to the bumper. If so I wonder if it would bolt right up and line up with the other panels?

I always felt that they missed the proportions on the hood on our cars compared to the original.
Yes - the standard power bulge hood has been revised - it will bolt right up to the '08-'14 bodies and the fender "rib" will line up.

The bulge is taller, the side scoops are wider and pulled further forward - the openings are wider. Note - the scoops are functional on the SXT and R/T models - the opening is mid-way on the hood as opposed to the rear position of the scoop outlet on the earlier cars.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scat Pack 6.4 pix

Left is w/o SP Appearance Pkg (silver grille, black pocket wheels w/ machined spokes, chrome fuel door, no stripe)

Right is the black grille, bumble bee stripe, black fuel door, hyper black II wheels

Sample of wheels - std SP 6.4, then SP App Grp wheel

Sample of bumble bee stripe (SP App Grp item)

Alcantara / Leather seat in Ruby Red/Black

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More SP pictures / colors

Active exhaust valve (all 6.4 and 6.2SC engines have this) - electronic actuation. Keeps tone muted for low speed, opens up for better breathing at high RPM/ WOT operation.

Torred / Sublime Green Met. / Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl

Another angle of interior w/ Ruby Red alcantara/ Black Leather

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks very much for the pics and the info. Really want to see the ivory interior option when it's revealed. Please post as many shots of the interior color options as you can.

What is the small "dot" in the center of the rear spoiler? Camera or backup sensor?

again, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SRT Hellcat time...

Satin black hood (optional on SRT Hellcat)

"regular" Hellcat hood on Pitch Black

Laguna Sepia leather (its nice!) [also avail. in all black Laguna Leather]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
More SRT392 & SRTHellcat pix

Active exhaust valve (electronic activation) - all 6.4 and 6.2SC engines have this

SRT interior in Ruby Red / Black - alcantara / leather

"Slingshot" wheel 20" x 9.5" w/ 275/40-20 tire (widest production tire on this model) - this is on a std SRT392

SRT interior in Black alcatara/leather

Attachments

Reactions: 70TA-09RT

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SRT Hellcat engine / front view

the "crown jewel" - the 6.2 S/C engine

pics with headlights and halos

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scat Pack 6.4 - more images

Scat Pack Bee emblems

shots from other angles

I'll take a Torred with Ruby Red / black and a 6-speed to go...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts