Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to posting some photos of my new wheel and tire combo. I was very apprehensive with going with an all black rim with a black car but I think it looks pretty tough and have gotten alot of good feedback since. I went with 305 35 20 in the rear and 275 40 20 in the front. I wanted to go with Nittos but they were on back order. I am kind of glad they were because I am so loving these Firestone Indy 500's. The grip is incredible and the ride is so much smoother than my Micheline Pilot Sports.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
I finally got around to posting some photos of my new wheel and tire combo. I was very apprehensive with going with an all black rim with a black car but I think it looks pretty tough and have gotten alot of good feedback since. I went with 305 35 20 in the rear and 275 40 20 in the front. I wanted to go with Nittos but they were on back order. I am kind of glad they were because I am so loving these Firestone Indy 500's. The grip is incredible and the ride is so much smoother than my Micheline Pilot Sports.

View attachment 1024184

View attachment 1024185

View attachment 1024186
View attachment 1024187
View attachment 1024188

View attachment 1024192
View attachment 1024189
View attachment 1024190
View attachment 1024191
Looking GOOD.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
That's menacing! Looks great.
Really like the staggered width effect. It matches the wide rear fenders perfectly.

Reactions: jjklongisland

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just installed my demon replicas last week too. Same tire size. But different brand. Got a good deal on Michelin pilot sport 4s but then the rear 305s are out of stock for months now. Got impatient and bought continental extreme sport contact. Oh well....no I'll effects.
20210528_112937.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just installed my demon replicas last week too. Same tire size. But different brand. Got a good deal on Michelin pilot sport 4s but then the rear 305s are out of stock for months now. Got impatient and bought continental extreme sport contact. Oh well....no I'll effects.
They look great on your car!

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
781 Posts

View attachment 1024184

View attachment 1024185

View attachment 1024186
View attachment 1024187
View attachment 1024188

View attachment 1024192
View attachment 1024189
View attachment 1024190
View attachment 1024191
So, what rim width and offset did you get?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
That satin gray color looks fantastic on your car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im in LI as well...the cops dont give you a hard time for changing some the colors of your letter on your license plates?

How much were those tires btw?
I am Sayville. I have had those plates since 3 months after 9/11. "343" firefighters were killed that day including a few of my friends. My plates have been features in Newsday in the automotive section during some of the anniversary's and too date I have not had one single cop busted my chops. Now that the cops are getting younger I am more worried about them not even understanding why the 343 is highlighted in the Never Forget statement on my plate. I think they would back off once they realized what they represented.

That being said the tires and sensors ran me $1300 mounted and balanced. The wheels were around $1200.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am Sayville. I have had those plates since 3 months after 9/11. "343" firefighters were killed that day including a few of my friends. My plates have been features in Newsday in the automotive section during some of the anniversary's and too date I have not had one single cop busted my chops. Now that the cops are getting younger I am more worried about them not even understanding why the 343 is highlighted in the Never Forget statement on my plate. I think they would back off once they realized what they represented.

That being said the tires and sensors ran me $1300 mounted and balanced. The wheels were around $1200.
I completely understand & respect the 343. I know a few people that were murdered that day as well & have a few friends that are still sick from the debris. Im in Deer Park.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am seriously considering replicas for my Cat. Discount Tire offers them at very reasonable prices. Where did you get yours from? This will be my first time buying aftermarket wheels. Are there any things I need to be aware of before buying?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got mine here. They were several pounds lighter than other manufacturers. Fronts are 9.5 wide +18, rear 10.5 +25.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed
139 Posts
Got mine here. They were several pounds lighter than other manufacturers. Fronts are 9.5 wide +18, rear 10.5 +25.

I love those on your car. I'm so tired of black wheels. I wonder what those or even the bronze versions would look like on my white 392 T/A.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I love those on your car. I'm so tired of black wheels. I wonder what those or even the bronze versions would look like on my white 392 T/A.
Bronze on white would look good. IMO.

Reactions: jjklongisland

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am seriously considering replicas for my Cat. Discount Tire offers them at very reasonable prices. Where did you get yours from? This will be my first time buying aftermarket wheels. Are there any things I need to be aware of before buying?

Thanks in advance for the help!
I was going to get mine through discount tire direct but they were having significant inventory issues. I have bought many wheels and tires through them and have been totally satisfied. When they could not get them in a reasonable timeframe I ordered them directly from The manufacturer. Discount tire direct, custom wheel offset (They have a parent company for cars I can’t remember the name. that’s their truck division) And tire rack Are all reputable companies. If ordering online I would stick to those companies since they stand by everything they sell and shipping wheels and tires can be problematic with damage. They have always stood by their products and typically will re-ship out a wheel no issues. Due to the Internet and the fact that most pricing is pretty equivalent nowadays I really wanted to purchase them from my local tire place. And maybe $100 more for the entire set but at least If I had any issues I could just go there. Unfortunately their customer wheel representatives could not get that brand. I have ordered probably over 30 sets of tires and wheels For my past vehicles and for the most part have always had pleasurable experiences.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts