Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes WPB and next SAT at Homestead.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Would you know if any thing like that the week of Thanksgiving this year 2016?
I am planning on coming down from the Syracuse NY area [with the autotrain,Lorton Va], with my 2016 R/T SAHKER Plus.
That looks like a frikin riot.

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you know if any thing like that the week of Thanksgiving this year 2016?
I am planning on coming down from the Syracuse NY area [with the autotrain,Lorton Va], with my 2016 R/T SAHKER Plus.
That looks like a frikin riot.
Nov 20, 2016
All day Sunday 11/20 @ PBIR Register
$325 gets you 4 sessions of 30min. Sunday = Funday – Let the grocery getter shake out some of the cobwebs! Our Home Track at Palm Beach is a fun way to spend the day getting YOUR car on the track. I know its Sunday, but praying to hit the apex just right on the next turn… that’s kind of like going to church. 3 Run Groups with 4 sessions of 30 minutes each. Registration from 8AM - 10AM Classroom from 9AM - 10AM Driving from 10AM - 4:30PM

11-25
10:00 AM
hooked On Driving at Homestead-M*iami Speedway
RSVP Now
hooked On Driving at Homestead-Miami Speedway - High Performance Driving Club of Florida - TrackWeekend.com (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Track

Nov 20, 2016
All day Sunday 11/20 @ PBIR Register
$325 gets you 4 sessions of 30min. Sunday = Funday – Let the grocery getter shake out some of the cobwebs! Our Home Track at Palm Beach is a fun way to spend the day getting YOUR car on the track. I know its Sunday, but praying to hit the apex just right on the next turn… that’s kind of like going to church. 3 Run Groups with 4 sessions of 30 minutes each. Registration from 8AM - 10AM Classroom from 9AM - 10AM Driving from 10AM - 4:30PM

11-25
10:00 AM
hooked On Driving at Homestead-M*iami Speedway
RSVP Now
hooked On Driving at Homestead-Miami Speedway - High Performance Driving Club of Florida - TrackWeekend.com (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup
Is that the MOROSO track in West Palm Beach Fla?

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes MOROSO is now call Palm Beach International Speed Way PBIA.

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
Looks like fun! I'm going to have to make one of these future events. I am 2.5 hours north of Miami.

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your not to far from:

Sebring International Raceway - HookedOnDriving w/ Phil Wicks
Tell a friend Share
Saturday, August 27, 2016 7:00 AM
to Sunday, August 28, 2016, 5:00 PM

Sebring International Raceway
113 Midway Dr, Sebring, FL (map)

TWO DAY EVENT!! Special guest Phil Wicks.

Gates open at 7am. Admission for spectators is free.

We will have 5 run groups to choose from with a total of 5 sessions each averaging 25min a session:

A-Beginners: Driving Coach provided, Classroom instruction

B-Intermediate: Solo drivers, point-by & passing zones

C-Advanced: Advanced Solo drivers, race prepped cars, point-by & passing zones encouraged but not enforced.

M-Mini's: Phil Wicks Mini's (Sunday Only)

TC-Time Challenge: Advanced drivers only. Must have a transponder. (Saturday Only)

Lunch will be provided for FREE to all registered participants and additional lunch tix are available for purchase. FREE water bottles are available all day.

*Helmet rentals are available on site if needed.

**Beginner group is limited to only 15 drivers. Sign up quickly.

***Times and rules are subject to change.

SCHEDULE

Gates Open 7:00 AM

Registration/Check-in 7:15am-8:40am

All drivers Meeting 8:15am-8:45am

Coaches Meeting 8:00am-8:15am

Track is HOT 9:00am-5:00pm

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
132 Posts
FloridaMark, I would love to try this. I live in Pompano Beach and have no experience with road courses. Between Homestead and Palm Beach, which has the better course instructors? Is there any one instructor that has a great reputation? Also, is it expensive for the course fees and insurance? Thanks for any input

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think the guys at PBIA have Great instructors! Homestead with Henry who runs it very loosely. I was even passed on the inside of Homestead at 135mph by a M4 with no wave by and we almost ran into each other. Stay with these guys to learn:

https://thehpde.com

Track Insurance Physical Damage Agreed Amount: About $300 for $55,000

https://www.rlicorp.com/track-day?gclid=CjwKEAjwrIa9BRD5_dvqqazMrFESJACdv27GVrvP5I9M9l6UZCjpz4DKl7Lha-NBS7tvyWU4NWFY5xoCEjrw_wcB

https://locktonmotorsports.com/product/hpde-insurance

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great information, I'm excited to try it out. I will call the insurance places first then book a time on the track. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice late wide entry on those long sweeping corners..gave you a nice run off down the straights. Im going to English Town NJ on 8 21..cant wait. Tracks a lot tighter however.

Did you mount your GP on the dash? Seemed pretty stable and vibration free. I was going to hang mine from the sun roof.

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats my Iphone on a Ram mount.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts