Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys! There is a vibration problem. When it is very hot and the motor heats up, the fan turns on, which begins to vibrate very strongly. These vibrations even reach the vehicle interior. I recorded a video in which I attached my smartphone against the steering wheel (smartphone touches the steering wheel) to try to show you the vibrations.
What could it be? has anyone come across a similar one?

Video:

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,713 Posts
Hi, guys! There is a vibration problem. When it is very hot and the motor heats up, the fan turns on, which begins to vibrate very strongly. These vibrations even reach the vehicle interior. I recorded a video in which I attached my smartphone against the steering wheel (smartphone touches the steering wheel) to try to show you the vibrations.

Video:
Damaged fan blades? Dirt stuck on it or something?

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts

Video:
Hi Romanraxas,
\We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Fans are plastic and could have a crack that is difficult to detect. Had this on an 06 Charger. Have them inspected. Hard to see behind the shroud. When all (hands on deck) fans start on Hellcat, sounds like a Chopper landing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fans are plastic and could have a crack that is difficult to detect. Had this on an 06 Charger. Have them inspected. Hard to see behind the shroud. When all (hands on deck) fans start on Hellcat, sounds like a Chopper landing.
Thanks! Got it, I will check it more closely! :unsure:

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Check fan motor bearings by spinning fan and checking for any resistance, noise or execessive travel in rotor. Had a simular experience recently on a GMC truck that has the duel fan setup and one was the culprit.

Mechanic's stethoscope or a plain old sounding rod can get you to the issue in most cases...

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check fan motor bearings by spinning fan and checking for any resistance, noise or execessive travel in rotor. Had a simular experience recently on a GMC truck that has the duel fan setup and one was the culprit.

Mechanic's stethoscope or a plain old sounding rod can get you to the issue in most cases...

HOT ROD ON
Thanks! Got it, I will check it tomorrow!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts