Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just ordered a 2021 Scat Shaker that's pretty loaded and have some questions in anticipation of it's build and arrival.

- I added the dynamics package and the adaptive damping suspension to it. At that point, it's pretty much an SRT from before they just got changed to different levels of Hellcat (which was what 2017 or 2018?) right? Or is this there something else that separates them?

-I used to have a 2017 T/A 392 and it was pretty low and would scrape against speedbumps, driveways, etc. The scat will be the same I'd imagine, yes?

-When adding the shaker compatible strut tower brace from mopar, is there drilling into the frame required?

-I have seen some discussion here about adding the hellcat headlight intake to the scats. What is needed to do that exactly, just the different airbox that hooks up to the headlight?

thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
304 Posts
Hey guys, I just ordered a 2021 Scat Shaker that's pretty loaded and have some questions in anticipation of it's build and arrival.

- I added the dynamics package and the adaptive damping suspension to it. At that point, it's pretty much an SRT from before they just got changed to different levels of Hellcat (which was what 2017 or 2018?) right? Or is this there something else that separates them?

-I used to have a 2017 T/A 392 and it was pretty low and would scrape against speedbumps, driveways, etc. The scat will be the same I'd imagine, yes?

-When adding the shaker compatible strut tower brace from mopar, is there drilling into the frame required?

-I have seen some discussion here about adding the hellcat headlight intake to the scats. What is needed to do that exactly, just the different airbox that hooks up to the headlight?

thanks in advance!
Congrats on the shaker order!
Yes, a scat w/ dynamics pkg will sit same as a T/A.
No experience w/ the Mopar front tower brace, I went with one from Speedlogix which looks & works better IMO.
Mopar 77072385 is the tube or headlight air intake.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

thanks in advance!
The Mopar Strut Tower brace for the Shaker bolts onto the Strut Tower and then mounts to the cowl brace that is just under the cowl. You might have to drill the cowl, but their should be instructions that come with it.. As far as the Hellcat airbox, you need the lower airbox and the tube. .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The front strut brace requires 4 holes to be drilled into the OEM cross-car brace. No biggie. I did not do it in the suggested fashion by drilling completely through the brace. I set nutserts instead.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Handheld power drill Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Car
Vehicle Car Hood Light Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I'd consider the Petty front tower mount. I did some research and chose that one as it was a direct bolt on with no (zero) fiddling with cover, brackets, wiring harnesses and drilling. I had it on in less than 10 minutes.

Now for the rear, I chose the Speed Logix as the bars angled up for better room. Good, quality piece.

The Hell Cat air intake is a must. There you go.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
Congrats on the shaker order!
Yes, a scat w/ dynamics pkg will sit same as a T/A.
No experience w/ the Mopar front tower brace, I went with one from Speedlogix which looks & works better IMO.
Mopar 77072385 is the tube or headlight air intake.
this is the Mopar duct for the Shaker CAI - you don't need the Hellcat lower airbox - there's already a part that you can add on that will do the job. For a '19+ (lighted inner light tubes) you'll have to trim the duct back a bit as it was designed around the '15 - '18 (non lighted) which were a bit shorter on the back side of the lamp fixture:
Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,310 Posts
I'd consider the Petty front tower mount. I did some research and chose that one as it was a direct bolt on with no (zero) fiddling with cover, brackets, wiring harnesses and drilling. I had it on in less than 10 minutes.

Now for the rear, I chose the Speed Logix as the bars angled up for better room. Good, quality piece.

The Hell Cat air intake is a must. There you go.
The Petty one comes in all Mopar Colors as well :)

·
Registered
2021 Go Mango SPWB 6MT
70 Posts
Link:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey people,
So my car is finally arriving very soon and I am starting to act on ordering some things.
I ordered the petty strut bar, so thanks to those who recommended it.

People have mentioned cutting an inch or so off the hellcat tube..Are you essentially just cutting that front lip off? It appears to be about an inch from what I can tell.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
People have mentioned cutting an inch or so off the hellcat tube..Are you essentially just cutting that front lip off? It appears to be about an inch from what I can tell.
Sorry, never hear that one before and I can't figure out why? The tube "plugs" into the box and slips over the passage in the head light. It will fit over it and be a little loose.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, never hear that one before and I can't figure out why? The tube "plugs" into the box and slips over the passage in the head light. It will fit over it and be a little loose.
I think I read for 19 and up, the tube is a little long because they changed the headlights.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Vehicles with halos on the inner lamps are the ones that need the trimming.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pak
285 Posts
The P/N for the 19' & up air tube from Mopar is different than the '18 & older.

·
Registered
45 Posts

thanks in advance!
Good questions TKS - I also have 21 Shaker on oder to replace my RT+ - very similar equipment.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts