Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Woodward Dream Cruise Thursday through Saturday and saw a nice collection of '15 Mopars. Some were at the Chrysler Exhibit (Which was outstanding!) and others were just driving by. All Hellcats except for a nice R/T. Enjoy!

Bill

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,119 Posts
The granite hellcat stopped by our party where I took these pics.
Yes frequent tire replacement will be a part of ownership.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
The granite hellcat stopped by our party where I took these pics.
Yes frequent tire replacement will be a part of ownership.

If it was the car in your attached pics it appears the color of that car is Billet Silver not Granite Crystal?

But, thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
From my monitor it appears too dark to be silver. I'd agree with Granite.
NICE collection of cars in your signature, post pictures of them.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
I continue to be amazed that the Hellcat has such small rear tires..I would think there would be no way they could handle the power.

Yeah me too. 11.2 says otherwise.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The color of the one in question was Billet Silver, as I recall from watching it drive by.

I know that until the image gets from the camera to the computer to the web, colors can get changed, but that was a silver one.

Bill

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looking at these more "in the flesh" pictures, it's no surprise Dodge was the most searched car company on Google last month. These are some great looking cars.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,049 Posts
Very nice line up of cars. Tons of "buzz" about the Hellcats.

As much as I want to like the looks of the Hellcat Charger, it's just not working for me with the new front end.

Can't deny the power though! :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Very nice line up of cars. Tons of "buzz" about the Hellcats.

As much as I want to like the looks of the Hellcat Charger, it's just not working for me with the new front end.

Can't deny the power though! :)
Funny thing is, I never liked the old front end. The new one would have allowed me to consider a Charger, if I were thinking about a 4-door.

Anyone besides me have a problem with the new R/T grille? Trying to squeeze "Challenger" and "R/T" into the small space in the 1971-style grille openings doesn't really work for me.

Not that I'd kick her out of bed, if you know what I mean!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Looks like a different style front chin spoiler for the 2015 R/T. It's a one piece that wraps around and up into the front of the front wheel wells. Nice, still not a good looking as the SRT front chin spoiler on a R/T.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,049 Posts
Funny thing is, I never liked the old front end. The new one would have allowed me to consider a Charger, if I were thinking about a 4-door.

Anyone besides me have a problem with the new R/T grille? Trying to squeeze "Challenger" and "R/T" into the small space in the 1971-style grille openings doesn't really work for me.

Not that I'd kick her out of bed, if you know what I mean!
Yep, "looks" is a subjective thing without a doubt. The '15 grill on the R/T doesn't get me going either. Like you stated, small space, and things look "compressed" to fit.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
At first I thought they should remove the 'Challenger' emblem from the new R/T's grill. Then I thought the R/T should go. Now I'm thinking that both could be removed. Aside from the emblems, I like the grill. Very retro.

Did you notice the hood scoops are bigger? (unless it's an illusion) Also, a bigger air intake on the lower fascia ala Hellcat, and the car is smiling again like the original '08. Smaller fogs, too. Projectors or LED's maybe?

'71 grill:

Bill

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The Hellcat might have all that crazy power, but to me it's the least attractive of all the '15s. Hate the wheels, and don't dig the front fascia at all.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The front end on the Hellcat is growing on me, I really didn't care for it at first but it think the red color & the fact that it appears to be less contoured don't help it.
On this forum & countless videos shown in other colors, it seems to look better IMO.

Agreed, the new grill doesn't leave room for emblems but maybe popping them off & going with the modern hood stripe or R/T only hood decal like some original '71 would look better, just a thought.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
At first I thought they should remove the 'Challenger' emblem from the new R/T's grill. Then I thought the R/T should go. Now I'm thinking that both could be removed. Aside from the emblems, I like the grill. Very retro.

Did you notice the hood scoops are bigger? (unless it's an illusion) Also, a bigger air intake on the lower fascia ala Hellcat, and the car is smiling again like the original '08. Smaller fogs, too. Projectors or LED's maybe?

'71 grill:

Bill
Projector fog lights. Yes the new power bulge hood protrudes further out more and looks more like the original challengers now. Which looks great.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Here's an example of the difference with the body of the 70-71 Challenger and the 14 Challenger;

and the 14;

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/*****%20Cars/8614stancec_zps9122e590.jpg

The top, from window sill to top of the roof, of the 70-71 challenger is taller and the body is shorter, where the 14 challenger has a chopped top look and a taller body from bottom to top of the window sill.

I prefer the body of the 70-71 challenger.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Where was the Chrysler exhibit! ? I saw a red Hellcat driving North on Woodward while I was going South but only exhibits I saw were Chevy and Ford. Guess I didn't go far enough. :(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts