Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Friday, while I was at lunch, someone backed into my car an drove off. I am so mad at people. I intentionally park away from everyone so this won't happen. I can't believe people.

I've had my car for only 3 months and this happens....

This sucks.... Not I'll be without my car for sometime until it is fixed, hopefully it'll be fixed by the 19th so I can take it on vacation. Luckily I have a low deductible so I won't pay much put of pocket, but I am still really mad...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Bummer!! Feel for you. If you don't catch them in the act more than likely you're screwed. That looks like it's punched through too. It needs to be replaced. If they try to repair it will warp out in time.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me....on the same front bumper location......but before I got around to filing an insurance claim (I carry zero-deductible on comprehensive, which covers hit-and-run).........THIS happened....

You can actually see the white crease on the right front in the first photo. This was the parking-lot ding, not cause by the deer that demolished the rest. Got a whole new front fascia, so good as new when it was done.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I am pissed. Especially cause it’s a 2018... and now I have to pay to fix it because of some jack ass. And now it’s gotta sit at the body shop to get fixed for who knows how long.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Check to see if there were any security cameras around.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,516 Posts
I’d be pissed too. People that don’t own their mistakes are a little too common for my liking. Sorry this happened to you.

·
Registered
459 Posts
People are real a$$holes nowadays. I would be pissed too. They just dont care about other peoples property.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know right. My friend owns the restaurant but they said there aren’t any cameras.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,016 Posts
This is exactly why I am installing dash cams (front and back). I put one on my liberty and caught several people running red lights. I was half tempted to send the vids to the local PD as one A-hole blew a red light in a school zone.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well dropped her off at the body shop last night, friend of mine works there and says it could be done by the begging of next week if they get the parts on time and there isn't any unknown issues, so lets hope this goes quick, but for now I'll be on the motorcycle.

Perfect timing to rip the transmission out of my Trans Am too :| ....... I pray it doesn't rain this week.....

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
This is exactly why I am installing dash cams (front and back). I put one on my liberty and caught several people running red lights. I was half tempted to send the vids to the local PD as one A-hole blew a red light in a school zone.

I HATE that! You should Chally. Good for you!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
537 Posts
Accidents are accidents....., that's why we call them accidents. But not reporting it to the owner and leaving the area without so much as a note is no accident. What a Jerk. I'm sorry this happened to your new car.

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
That’s awful, why did you leave it before the parts came in? If it can’t be done before you go, take it and get it done after you return.
A dash cam sounds better each time it’s mentioned. The new bumper will be perfect so don’t let it ruin the enjoyment of your car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s awful, why did you leave it before the parts came in? If it can’t be done before you go, take it and get it done after you return.
A dash cam sounds better each time it’s mentioned. The new bumper will be perfect so don’t let it ruin the enjoyment of your car.
They needed to remove the bumper to see if the crash bar was damaged. The insurance sent an adjuster this morning, he tried to tell me they were going to repair it but I refused and made them order a new bumper. They ordered the new bumper and said it should be ready on Friday.

·
Registered
716 Posts
What a bummer! I feel for you man. Here in MI, we're a no fault insurance state - and that really sucks! So if someone hits me, in a parking lot or T-bones me - regardless of fault, they pay for their cars repairs and I pay for mine! Can not stand that - is that fair??? Great for the insurance companies that's for sure - the consumers, not so much. So even if a guy hits my car like yours in a parking lot, he might as well just leave - cause he doesn't have to pay for it. The logic is so upside down!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts