Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I keep zero-deductable on my comprehensive insurance, for exactly this reason. Dings like this (hit and run) are considered vandalism, and covered by insurance. Every time I get one, it costs me nothing additional (over my insurance premium) to have it repaired. I need to keep the zero-deductible comprehensive for window chips and deer collisions anyway (a necessity in my area), so along with that, I get relief from the door-ding blues.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I keep zero-deductable on my comprehensive insurance, for exactly this reason. Dings like this (hit and run) are considered vandalism, and covered by insurance. Every time I get one, it costs me nothing additional (over my insurance premium) to have it repaired. I need to keep the zero-deductible comprehensive for window chips and deer collisions anyway (a necessity in my area), so along with that, I get relief from the door-ding blues.
Unfortunately, in GA I don't think I can get $0 deductible, I've never seen it as an option, I know I can go to $100, I currently have $250, but the 6 month premium difference is about $400 in the quotes, not worth it to pay the difference to me. I bet if I did have $0 deductible, things like this would never happen.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Unfortunately, in GA I don't think I can get $0 deductible, I've never seen it as an option, I know I can go to $100, I currently have $250, but the 6 month premium difference is about $400 in the quotes, not worth it to pay the difference to me. I bet if I did have $0 deductible, things like this would never happen.
I wouldn't expect the deductible to be limited by the state you live in? Check with GEICO.

In the past couple years, I've had 4 scratch/dent repairs (several hundred dollars each), two windshield crack repairs, and one complete windshield replacement, and a deer crash ($7300). Out of pocket for all of this......$0. Well worth the premium for me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I wouldn't expect the deductible to be limited by the state you live in? Check with GEICO.

In the past couple years, I've had 4 scratch/dent repairs (several hundred dollars each), two windshield crack repairs, and one complete windshield replacement, and a deer crash ($7300). Out of pocket for all of this......$0. Well worth the premium for me.
I had geico a few years ago and didn’t have the option for a $0 deductible. As well as progressive, and Allstate, none of which had the option for $0 deductible. I do think State Farm has the option here though. But their premiums are very high as well so it isn’t worth it to me to go with them.

Reactions: silver scat
41 - 44 of 44 Posts