Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im on a modding SPREE! my cam springs and pushrods just came in, my intune is on the way (replacing predator), just ordered a hurst shifter. i really need to stop

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
This is easy.

As they say......

"Spending money you don't have, buying things you don't need, to impress people you don't know"

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can't wait until I go on a moding spree

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nothing like that feeling of joy and happiness when the ups man drops off a new part!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: rajunz

·
Registered
1,160 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
im on a modding SPREE! my cam springs and pushrods just came in, my intune is on the way (replacing predator), just ordered a hurst shifter. i really need to stop
Is there a 12 step program?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I spent enough in the last 6 weeks to buy a used car lol i know the feeling

sent from mobile device

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I'm done for a while. But then again this forum has a way of giving you ideas on "must haves"

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I think I'm done for a while. But then again this forum has a way of giving you ideas on "must haves"
"Must Not, Give In"

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yeah I was just going to do the norm. Tuner, CAI, cat-back. Then I found out about the 392 cam. While doing that I figure well why spend money on springs and all that goes along with it? Why not go ahead and buy some heads too that come with all that stuff? Just so happened PWRAndy had a sale going on his Eagle Mean Street heads. Then a guy had a set of JBA long tube ceramic coated for sale here. I figured why not? The cam and heads need to breath.

I Realised that the factory cats won't fit with the long tube so I went ahead and bought a set of catless mids. With all that restriction freed up the drone was unbearable in my car. At the time I just had factory pipes with just a set of short magnaflows in place of the resonators. So I had to buy a drone free catback. Next thing I know Amazon is shipping my installer a DynoMax VT catback.

Then what? Low and behold a family member gives me a prices I can't refuse on a Edelbrock E-Force and Edelbrock is running a 500 MIR. But with all this extra horsepower I NEED to stop better right? Well looky there it's a ser of SRT Alcoa wheels and complete Brembo brake setup in the classifieds.

Now here I am with somewhere around 15k spent, not invested hate when people use that word for cars lol, on my R/T. Looking back on it. Yeah the mod bug got me. I would do things different to save a little money. But in the end I am very pleased with my car and yeah I know I will never see that money out of it!

:alfdance:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah for me its a waiting game now. Have the parts for my cam swap but here in iowa its -30 windchill. So I must wait till prolly march to have it installed and then going to drive 2 hours away to have it dyno tuned

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is one contagious bug. I think I have been infected too. Currently waiting on my Jet 180 to arrive. Been looking hard at catbacks. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I'll say this much, my car is paid off so new mods are kind of like a car payment for me, which isn't really a bad thing. If I ever get to where money is tight, I'll stop modding.

Gotta go, doorbell just rang. Time to head to the garage. :D

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts