Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fact that the factory painted the bottom of the front fascia, body rocker panel between front/rear wheel wells and the bottom of the rear wrap around fascia matte black like the finish on the R/T Classic stripes. By painting the bottom of the car matte black it makes the sides of the body seem shorter unlike the Camaro that doesn't matte black paint the bottom the same way. The Camaro's all look like the body sides are way to tall/deep. I really like what MOPAR did to the sides of the R/T Classics. I don't know if all Challengers are painted this way, I'll start checking them out as I see them on the street. Big Atta Boy to the Engineers, well played. You can just see the matte black paint on the bottom of the rear fascia wraparound behind the RR wheel/tire. Ah yes, the on the showroom floor pic when I said I'LL TAKE IT .

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/*****%20Cars/52114ontheshowroomfloora_zps889b2c28.jpg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
For what it's worth, and putting aside higher performance than the 5.7 allows, I personally think that the R/T Classic, particularly when equipped with the original "heritage wheels," is the best looking Challenger the Chrysler/Dodge has EVER released.

I love the "jolt" I get from my present 392 Hemi -but- sometimes mourn having let my R/T Classic go - simply due to it's ability to "turn heads."

As always...........just my .02 cents :SM127: !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I LOVE the fender script badges. If I get a RT scat pack as planned, I will be removing the SP bees and rebadging with the script. It might be the single most retro styling cue on any car today

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,043 Posts
Yes they did that on purpose to make the body "seem" not so bulky. It's plastic components, not paint btw. Oh and every Challenger is like that.
Congrats on the purchase, she is a very beautiful car!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree! Especially since I have that car in Torred. Love it. Mopar CAI, CORSA Extreme exhaust, and Mopar front strut brace added.

FYI: the Mopar CAI really wakes the engine up, and the strut tower brace is also a very noticeable improvement. The exhaust just makes a better noise then it did before.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I plan on installing the Speedlogix front strut brace. I like the four point attachment, looks to really stiffen the front.

Hunttriumph1500, thanks for the information.
It's plastic components, not paint btw. Oh and every Challenger is like that.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,049 Posts
For what it's worth, and putting aside higher performance than the 5.7 allows, I personally think that the R/T Classic, particularly when equipped with the original "heritage wheels," is the best looking Challenger the Chrysler/Dodge has EVER released.

I love the "jolt" I get from my present 392 Hemi -but- sometimes mourn having let my R/T Classic go - simply due to it's ability to "turn heads."

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"
Have to agree with you, and that's why I bought mine. The Classic with the Heritage wheels looks just "right" in my opinion.

No plans on getting rid of this one:

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,043 Posts
Have to agree with you, and that's why I bought mine. The Classic with the Heritage wheels looks just "right" in my opinion.

No plans on getting rid of this one:

I agree! The best looking Challengers are the Classic R/Ts!!! I use to have a '10 Detonator Yellow R/T, I wish I never sold it!!! I plan on buying a sublime R/T next year, or a yellow/orange one if they offer it for '16.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I too think the RT classic is the best looking challenger. It looks especially good in the undisputed, undefeated, legendary, most desirable mopar color in the world PLUM CRAZY! I am a little biased.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"
Agreed. I miss my 2010 hemi orange RT Classic. But the Shaker is cool...:5:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts