Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay all concept pictures have the Challenger sporting the R/T badge right? Well since the 6.1 hemi is for the SRT-8's wouldn't that mean they should have put an SRT-8 Badge? Reality wants to tell me that they just put the 6.1 in a R/T's body. But the crazy man in me wants to say that the SRT-8 is going to pack a lot more :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
blackarmy said:
Okay all concept pictures have the Challenger sporting the R/T badge right? Well since the 6.1 hemi is for the SRT-8's wouldn't that mean they should have put an SRT-8 Badge? Reality wants to tell me that they just put the 6.1 in a R/T's body. But the crazy man in me wants to say that the SRT-8 is going to pack a lot more :)
You got it!!......Rumors are going around here at the show that the 6.4L 500++hp(392) Hemi Super Beast might be in the SRT-8 version!!! Don't be surprised....and your very observant danial san'!!;) :cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Now wouldn't that just be sooo sweet...SRT8 6.4L. I can dream...fastest daily driver in my neck of the woods!:D

·
Registered
598 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
Now wouldn't that just be sooo sweet...SRT8 6.4L. I can dream...fastest daily driver in my neck of the woods!:D
There also talking here about a shaker hood scoop, or a challenger t/a hood scoop on the srt-8 version to go along with it!;) :cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
There also talking here about a shaker hood scoop, or a challenger t/a hood scoop on the srt-8 version to go along with it!;) :cool:
'

I liked the Shaker Hoods back in the day and I still like them now. From the factory of course...or at least preferred. This car, as evidenced by your great pictures, is one beautiful machine and I gotta have one! And it will have all the power I can get under the hood!!!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some more food for thought, if the R/T version is the 6.1 hemi, would it carry on over to the other LX/LY vehicles? would the charger and magnum r/t's, and the 300c get the 6.1?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
You got it!!......Rumors are going around here at the show that the 6.4L 500++hp(392) Hemi Super Beast might be in the SRT-8 version!!! Don't be surprised....and your very observant danial san'!!;) :cool:
Good God! I hope its true.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Maybe with regard to the new 'Challenger' line only, the 'SRT-8' (6.4L | 392cid | 500+/-hp) version just might contain the 'Cuda' badging, as well as an updated 'Cuda' grille with modded front hood/side/and rear body panels (like in Doug Schramm's digital concept images)...wouldn't that be something? :cool:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
Maybe with regard to the new 'Challenger' line only, the 'SRT-8' (6.4L | 392cid | 500+/-hp) version just might contain the 'Cuda' badging, as well as an updated 'Cuda' grille with modded front hood/side/and rear body panels (like in Doug Schramm's digital concept images)...wouldn't that be something? :cool:
Well, that might be stretching it alittle. Sounds good though.:p

·
Registered
598 Posts
blackarmy said:
some more food for thought, if the R/T version is the 6.1 hemi, would it carry on over to the other LX/LY vehicles? would the charger and magnum r/t's, and the 300c get the 6.1?
I don't think that will happen.I think the special engined (6.4L) challenger would be very cool however.:cool:

·
Registered
973 Posts
ChriSRT-4 said:
Practically the same....

R/T - Road/Track
SRT - Street and Racing Technology
Chris- If I'm not mistaken, the original R/T designation came out on the Charger. It stood for 'Rapid Transit,' which coincided with the car's advertising campaign.

Of course it means what you say today.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Thanks Turbo, I stand corrected.

I shouldn't of posted that......I wasn't 100% sure. I read it somewhere a long time ago, and my memory isn't what it used to be. Either is something else! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've said it before and I'll keep harping on this particular subject:

The released specs state that this car will hover around 4100 lbs. 4100 lbs! 4100 lbs!!! That's not a small figure.

We've seen the SRT8 Chargers pull high 12's at around 4400 lbs. The challenger will best that simply because of weight/power ratio.

BUT is it good enough?!?! The GT500 Ford is producing will have at least 475 ponies and weigh LESS than 4000 lbs.

If DCX fails to beat the GT500 out of the factory, the only question is WHY?!?!

While this is truly an awesome car, I can't help but to be a bit disheartened by the above possibility.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MustangSally said:
I've said it before and I'll keep harping on this particular subject:

The released specs state that this car will hover around 4100 lbs. 4100 lbs! 4100 lbs!!! That's not a small figure.

We've seen the SRT8 Chargers pull high 12's at around 4400 lbs. The challenger will best that simply because of weight/power ratio.

BUT is it good enough?!?! The GT500 Ford is producing will have at least 475 ponies and weigh LESS than 4000 lbs.

If DCX fails to beat the GT500 out of the factory, the only question is WHY?!?!

While this is truly an awesome car, I can't help but to be a bit disheartened by the above possibility.
Actually the "official" weight hasn't been released yet. The 4100 lbs rumours are just that magazine rumours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a big time drag racer (normally race once a week) all these new Mopar cars I see at the track don't seem to be a quick as one would think with the hp and torque, I assume from the weight. If the new Mustang GT can run 13.6's bone stock at 3,600 lbs then I bet the Challenger will be an easy low 13 second car from the factory.
I look for the Magnums and Chargers to run better this year once the owners start to experiment and cut some weight. The aftermarket will pick up the pace and you'll see these cars running faster by seasons end.
Throw a set of 4.10's, a 3500 stall converter and some drag radials on a Charger and I bet it will scoot pretty good.
My 02 GT runs 12.80's with only 250 rwhp so I can only imagine what I could do with a 425 hp hemi. Think one of those will bolt up to my Ford's tranny?:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
The electronic nanny is a huge hindrance to the new LX cars. If you could disable ESP and torque management, you'd probably gain a half second.

They are also overweight and under-geared (2.82 rear end).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts