Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Been doing lots of reading here and still getting acquainted with my new SRT8. It was a '12 leftover that I bought from a dealer in Florida last month. Really enjoying it so far.

I was in the trunk today and lifted the cover where the subs are located for the first time. I see there is a small rectangular box that is forward of the sub. Is something supposed to be in there? Mine is empty. I know this car doesn't have a spare and I've read it comes with a roadside tire repair kit of sorts. Is that is what is supposed to be there? Is there a lid or strap or anything that goes over the top of this box?

I noticed my car was missing a few things once I got it home from the dealer and have been following up with them to get stuff sent to me (wrong floor mats, stainless pedal set never installed). I'm wondering if my tire repair kit (or whatever is supposed to be in that box) was liberated at some point while the car was sitting on the dealer lot.

Appreciate the replies.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Your probably missing the tire repair kit. Also, I wouldn't expect to have the dealer install your pedal covers. Mine didn't but the box was in the trunk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your probably missing the tire repair kit. Also, I wouldn't expect to have the dealer install your pedal covers. Mine didn't but the box was in the trunk.
That's what I suspected. This salesmen is surely going to be sick of me calling up about additional parts to send me. Hehehe. And I hear you about installing the pedals. I'm happy to do that myself - I just never got them. Supposedly they have been ordered and are being shipped to me. Sounds like I need to call back about the tire repair kit. Was there a lid or strap that holds it in place, or does it just sit in there?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I don't have the sub, and the tire repair kit fits snugly in what appears to be a Styrofoam box on the left hand side of the box area. No strap or lid.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Same deal with mine, with subwoofer, the tire repair kit slides into the Styrofoam cavity.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same deal with mine, with subwoofer, the tire repair kit slides into the Styrofoam cavity.
Yup, that's the little box I was talking about. Looks like a mini cooler. hehehe. For sure my kit is missing then.

What all is in the kit anyhow? If I cannot get the dealer to provide me with one, what would I need to replicate it? I've read there's a can of Fix-A-Flat (or the like), but what else?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Keep after the dealer to furnish the kit. They probably took "your" kit and put it another vehicle they were selling which didn't have a kit. Sort of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Here are the factory parts #s for the tire service kit, both the pump and the tire sealant which you need to replace if used. I am not sure if you order just the pump you also get the replacement sealant container.

Pump/Compressor # 68082668AA
Sealant #68082669AA

Attached a couple of photos of mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wish I had a spare tire honestly, you shouldn't use the fix a flat crap because from what I hear it will mess up yourtpms sensors...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep after the dealer to furnish the kit. They probably took "your" kit and put it another vehicle they were selling which didn't have a kit. Sort of robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Yeah, that's what I'm figuring happened. One went missing, so mine got swiped to go into some other car that sold before it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics and part numbers Go Goody and Vanishing Point!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts