Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no idea how I did it/what happened... Ran the whole right side down the curb. I think I need new wheels, going to keep an eye on the tires for bulges and such. Just my crappy luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
... and this is why I already have new wheels on order that will get here before the car does :)

Sorry about your wheels, man :(

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's bad, I feel for you man. I don't know how you could do that and not know, anybody else driving it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think you'd definately know when you do that.

Recently I drove past a local place that does wheel repairs. Filed it away in my head just in case I find myself in the same situation as you. Maybe there's a similar shop near you?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would do an internet search for wheel repair shops in your area. I am sure a shop can fix both wheels for about half of what you would pay to replace one wheel.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i scraped up my front spoiler a bit with 100 miles on the odometer with my new IE

so i feel your pain.....i worry about my rims too.....

20" rims are cool, but dont make sense in real world use...the Challenger is all about cool, not sensible

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
i have 09 RT chrome clad wheels perfect with tires sensors and nitrogen.
The wheels are perfect tires have 10,000 miles and haven't been abused.
$1,000. PM me for more info.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Ouch! That does look like pretty painful contact. I've ridden up a curb a few times by accident, but my problem seems to always be coming down off the curb too hard and bouncing the plastic rockers on that curb. Once you do that, you can write-off getting them warranty replaced after they crack naturally on the ends (which is inevitable on these cars for at least the first 3 model years).

If there is one retro detail they should have included on these cars, maybe whiskers should have been on the list. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately repairing or replacement are going to have to wait. I'm still settling in here; buying my first house so I have to deal with closing costs, getting a washer/dryer, all that fun stuff...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Unfortunately repairing or replacement are going to have to wait. I'm still settling in here; buying my first house so I have to deal with closing costs, getting a washer/dryer, all that fun stuff...
Hand washing and a clothesline would close the $ gap. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
A dremel tool can fix that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
CruzKing: from the looks of your avatar pic(the one launching at the track), the wheels and tires look stock compared to your signature pic with AM rims...just sayin

·
Registered
138 Posts
:werd:
Hand-washing? What am I, Amish?
It was a joke. Instead of buying the washer and dryer you could hand wash & line dry and buy the new rims with the washer & dryer money haha.

·
Registered
138 Posts
:werd:
Hand-washing? What am I, Amish?
It was a joke. Instead of buying the washer and dryer you could hand wash & line dry and buy the new rims with the washer & dryer money haha. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ouch man thats a violent one :(. Our passenger front got a little tiny 1/2" rub from parking last year. Now when we think its going to be even a little bit close we back it in. Can see wth you are doing and get super tight to curb that way.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've had a few instances where I caught the curb in a corner, mostly on the right side, as I have a habit of taking turns tight, and was used to driving a 4x4 with a longer wheelbase and centered cab. You'd think it would be easier to miss with the Challenger, being where the rear wheel sits (relatively close to the driver, comparatively) but I occasionally catch that right rear on a tight city street corner curb. Only scratched the aluminum wheel and not the chrome covering, so far.

·
Registered
999 Posts
A dremel tool can fix that.
i agree with this. i did it before on my SRT4 rims. didn't put it back to new but you had to look very hard to spot it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts