Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any comments about this product? I had lots "specs" on my paint neither washing or clay would remove. Couldn't even scratch them off with my fingernail. A neighbor brought this over. Worked like a charm.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Yes, quality product, won't harm the clear coat, plastics, rubber, etc. Gets more than just the "rail dust" and brake particles

A Guy

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
366 Posts
A lot of detailers use an iron remover product now as part of the decontamination process before polishing. This is beneficial as an iron remover and as well as a tar/rubber/adhesive remover leave much less embedded contaminants on the surface before claying. The more crap you can get off the paint before touching it will minimize any further scratching and marring.

CarPro Iron-X was the product that seemed to blow up this segment a decade ago and many others have followed since. Beware, they tend to smell something awful!

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
I've used Sonax wheel cleaner for years - its a great product.

Costs some $$$ (buy the 5 liter jug - better price overall) - mainly use it for cleaning winter driving crud. It changes color after it has done its work on the iron particles (brake rotor dust).

With ceramic brake compound pads, there's a lot less than compared to the semi-metallic pad to clean up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts