Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, starting to see all my parts roll in for my new RT Blacktop! Very excited, unfortunately the weather has to warm up before I go to pick up the car (400 kms away in Northern Alberta, Canada)

Here's what I have so far:
-AFE stage 2 intake
-Functional hood scoop replacements
-Black-out side marker replacements
-Just got off the phone with Steve from Solo, ordered the Mach-X system.

The excitement is unbearable! I need the weather to warm up and the roads to clear a bit before I can pick the beast up! Then I will look at some tint as well. Please, can you all pray for me to get some good weather soon!

As a side question, what's everyones input on strut tower braces? (Front)

Looking for a no-drill solution but am liking the looks of the billet front strut bar (love the flatbar look) not sure if its drilled or not.

And anyone havr ideas on brake calipers...Should I paint them? Or get covers? Want black to match the black-out look.

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personal opinion, get covers for the brakes, painting them could cause some nasty smells coming from your wheels, from what I've seen they are not too expensive. Good luck with your mods!! Be sure to pose pictures when you are done :p

·
Registered
216 Posts
Is it a manual or auto?

If its a 6 speed, I would suggest the skip shift eliminator to be one of the 1st mods as well.

if its an automatic, I would suggest getting a tuner to disable the MDS.

The brake calipers are really not noticeable on the blacktop edition with the black wheels imo, i left mine alone. The rotor hubs being raw and unpainted stand out alot more and look way worse than the steel colored calipers. Those are high on my list to paint.

·
Premium Member
7,301 Posts
Personal opinion, get covers for the brakes, painting them could cause some nasty smells coming from your wheels, . . .

Painting is okay if you get the right paint (they make kits to do this). The calipers don't get that hot.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Here's what you need for the calipers, hands down the best stuff on the market. Dries like hard plastic, and hoses off to a brand new shine everytime. Paint your rotor centers and edges with it too to keep them looking new.

Brake G2 Caliper Paint Epoxy 2 Part Kit 11 Colors | eBay

....and you might want some of these, that's personal preferences.

Challenger Brake Caliper Decal Sticker 13 Colors to Choose from x4 Decals | eBay

Fits Dodge Caliper Decals RAM Caliber Charger Challenger Avenger Durango | eBay

Mopar Caliper Decals Stickers x4 6 Different Colors | eBay

Reactions: QCBlacktopRT13
1 - 5 of 5 Posts