Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been looking around for a good month for a new car, and out of everything out there, I have landed on a 2012-2013 challenger. I will be hopefully purchasing this next week or the week after, pending funds. I have a cobalt ss at the moment (lemon from hell) which I am selling this week.

I am still stuck between getting a sxt or getting an r/t. I can afford either (barely on the rt) but I am not sure which one to get. I am curious (bout to beat a dead horse) which one is more reliable? And is the power difference really that noticeable? I will not be doing any mods to the car other than appearance (too many problems with my last car) so is there really a point to get the rt? Consider the price difference will probably be around 3 to 4k Maybe you guys could give me some positives and some negatives about each!

I look forward to looking around these forums, I do have experience with tuning via hptuners, we'll see how much of that knowledge is transferable to a different platform. Thanks in advance guys! Btw I am in oregon, seen a few around here!:ninja:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I had a 2010 Challenger SE with 3.5l v6,Silver.I loved the car,not slow but not fast.I then saw a 2011 Toxic Orange SE with 3.6l Pentastar v 6 with 55 more horsepower than the 2010.It was pretty quick.I put aftermarket exhaust on both because I was after the v 8 sound.I loved both my v 6 Challengers but they were all that I could afford financially.When I was able I traded in the 2011 Toxic Orange SE for a 2014 Plum Crazy Challenger RT Classic and added the aftermarket exhaust.The Hemi v 8 changes the entire feeling of the car.I am not a v 6 hater and like All Challengers.The point to all of this is if you can afford the Challenger RT/V8 GET THE V8.As much as I loved my other two Challengers I always wanted the v8 feel and sound as used to have a 1974 Challenger with v 8. Hope all this helps and whatever you get it will be GREAT because it is a Challenger.These cars have been out for awhile now and people still stop,stare,and comment how beautiful these cars are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bring up some very valid points, my limit price wise is 22, and the rt would probably end up at 22, the v6 would end up around 17 to 18, so it comes down to me being willing to drop an extra 4k. I don't wanna regret getting the base model, but I also don't know if I'm willing to spend all my money. Thank you for the response though! Very helpful!

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,115 Posts
Get the V8! There's nothing like the feeling of a V8.
wlmer sums it up perfectly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome! I to am a new member to this site. I have talked to a few people on this site and they have all been very helpful and friendly. I would agree that there is nothing like a V8 and a V6 is no substitute for the sound or power. I will say that currently own a 2013 Redline with the V6 and I love it. For me it came down to finances and the V6 was affordable to get into with some creature comforts. IMO the new V6 has plenty of power and will lite the tires up no problem. The motor is smooth and delivers decent mileage. Like I stated before the is no substitute for a V8, but I looked at it from the standpoint that A Challenger is better than NO Challenger. The Challenger is an amazing looking car and it turns heads and gets thumbs up wether it is a V6 or V8. I will tell you that I was impressed enough with the V6 that I just ordered a 2014 100th Anniversary model with the V6 fully loaded with every option. Why, because I could get all the bells and whistles, great looks, at a price I could afford. Unfortunately they charge a premium for the V8 in a Challenger compared to a Charger. Hope this info helps and good luck on finding that great deal no matter what you choose.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Welcome to CT from Abu Dhabi :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts