Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I just need a little advice. I will be traveling this weekend to go pick out a Challenger SXT. Problem is I am having a few issues with deciding. So many options and packages that I am considering. I know a SXT Plus has it all, but I really don't want to pay for the SXT Plus but the 2014 models are a little too flashy for my liking (as the car is already flashy enough)...and no offense to you SXT Plus owners. So here's my options (sorry if I get some of the terms wrong)...
1. 2014/Billet Silver, fog lamps, spoiler, leather seats, sunroof, sports mode, parking assist (sounds like an SXT Plus but not sure) $28,000
2. 2014/Graphite, fog lamps, spoiler, leather seats, sports mode, parking assist $27,000
3. 2014. Billet Silver, spoiler, cloth seats, uconnect touch screen, no nav $25,000
4. 2014/ Bright white, spoiler,leather seats,sports mode,parking assist $26,000
5/6. 2014/ bright white, billet silver, basic, w/spoiler and cloth seats $22,000

I know this may seem easy but I am really torn. As far as the price, I am going to negotiate regardless.
I just need help finding out which options I can do without and which ones are great to have on this car.

Thanks,
Indecisive Challenger Vixen

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Hey everyone!

I just need a little advice. I will be traveling this weekend to go pick out a Challenger SXT. Problem is I am having a few issues with deciding. So many options and packages that I am considering. I know a SXT Plus has it all, but I really don't want to pay for the SXT Plus but the 2014 models are a little too flashy for my liking (as the car is already flashy enough)...and no offense to you SXT Plus owners. So here's my options (sorry if I get some of the terms wrong)...
1. 2014/Billet Silver, fog lamps, spoiler, leather seats, sunroof, sports mode, parking assist (sounds like an SXT Plus but not sure) $28,000
2. 2014/Graphite, fog lamps, spoiler, leather seats, sports mode, parking assist $27,000
3. 2014. Billet Silver, spoiler, cloth seats, uconnect touch screen, no nav $25,000
5/6. 2014/ bright white, billet silver, basic, w/spoiler and cloth seats $22,000

I know this may seem easy but I am really torn. As far as the price, I am going to negotiate regardless.
I just need help finding out which options I can do without and which ones are great to have on this car.

Thanks,
The base sxt does not come with fog lights, leather seats, sport mode, or parking assist. I believe those are sxt plus. What do you mean, "too flashy"? For the equipment you listed on each car, those prices are pretty good, considering the msrp for a 2014 base sxt was about $26,800.

Personally, I hated the fog light blanks in the front of the car. We bought a base sxt, and I added the oem fog lights.

Good luck with your purchase, don't worry about "too flashy", you'll get used to it!!! :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Fogs lights a must bro and a sun roof

·
Registered
312 Posts
Since the car doesn't have the best rear view visibility, I'd try to get something with ParkAssist, particularly if this is your DD ('14s don't offer a rear view camera).
So, I'd suggest vehicles 1,2 or 4 from your list. Think you'll also like the sunroof, fogs, handling pkg etc....
Life is short, get the car/color/options you want. The Challenger is "flashy" regardless of the trim level.
Enjoy!

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Sport Mode is part of the Super Sport Group, not the plus package. You can have the spoiler, 20's, upgraded susp and brakes, sport mode and paddle shifters on a base car or you can get a Plus without. SS/G is the only option my car has.

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
You really have to decide which option(s) are most important to you. Is it a certain color, or leather seats, or certain wheels?

They all sound like nice prices. You should be able to do some haggling since the 2015's will be coming out soon. Good luck with your choice, whatever you decide.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey everyone!

Thanks,
I know that I have an R/T but did a fair amount of shopping on the SXTs, they are wonderful cars. I almost snapped up a 100th anniversary edition SXT which the interior styling is awesome. Some of my decision came down to I like the look of leather but not the feel so much, so choosing cloth opened more options for my budget.

I would pick #1 or #2 if I had the choice. I agree with some of the other comments, the fog lights look much better compared to the blanks and the sports mode is a great option. I test drove an SXT and in sports mode it had a bit more kick... though the V6 is no slouch on these cars. The parking assist is something I would like on my R/T so I think that would be great. 4 would be third for me but that comes down to me personally not being a fan of white cars.

Adding another thing for you to look at - check out the 100th anniversary editions. The fit and finish on the inside is amazing and I believe even though it's not clearly laid out on the options it actually comes with the sports package, paddle shifters, spoiler, etc. They are reasonably priced to boot.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sport Mode is part of the Super Sport Group, not the plus package. You can have the spoiler, 20's, upgraded susp and brakes, sport mode and paddle shifters on a base car or you can get a Plus without. SS/G is the only option my car has.
These are all included in the Rallye Redline package as well (at least they were on the '13s). I believe it's an SXT Plus, plus the other stuff.

·
Registered
505 Posts
These are all included in the Rallye Redline package as well (at least they were on the '13s). I believe it's an SXT Plus, plus the other stuff.
I can confirm the sport package is included on the Rallye Redline package for 2014 also. That was also a model I researched when shopping for a Challenger a month ago.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Vix - What's the verdict?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Keep looking, don't settle, I got a 13 sxt plus out he door for 26500. I love it, Park sense is a must. But now some dealerships have 14 R/T automatic for 26-28 just gotta find the right deal. wait it out till the 15's hit then get better deals on the 14's

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ended up getting the billet silver sxt with the sports appearance package. Has uconnect with touch screen and navigation. Skipped out on the park assist because I rarely back into spots or parallel park. Really wanted the fog lamps but I'll get those put on later. Snatched the car up at only $23,500 so I'm pretty darn satisfied with my purchase. Pics coming soon.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
That is one heck of a deal, congratulations!!!! Fog lights aren't that hard to do, there are a good number of threads on how to do it, and they list the part numbers.

You car looks excellent, good luck with it!

Scott

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.