Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do the three diff size car icons mean on the touch screen radio? mine were always three and green now they are red. my guess is sirius connection full but my subscription is over soon, which it did go out on the way home and i ve added the chally to my account so i have sirius again but the cars for now are still red.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Hit My Dodge: MyGIG – How MyGIG Works for the full manual, but if I remember correctly that icon was for the traffic info...

Edit: That link isn't complete... Select MyGig Resources over on the left and it will take you to the page where you can download the MyGig Owner's Manual. Although it just has one, don't know for what year it is...

·
Registered
460 Posts
what do the three diff size car icons mean on the touch screen radio? mine were always three and green now they are red. my guess is sirius connection full but my subscription is over soon, which it did go out on the way home and i ve added the chally to my account so i have sirius again but the cars for now are still red.
Been wondering that myself...glanced around the manual for it but did not see it. Kinda ignored it since then.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It means you no longer have traffic updates.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
My cars not here to look but you might try the legend button under the sirius traffic setup. I think that explains it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have an 09' unit in my car, the sirrius prgram has long expired with this unit, and my subscription on my original unit is expired, yet the grren car icons are still lit in my car??

Sirius traffic updates is the icon, mine is green, but mine stays that way as we don't have the traffic update in Canada. So I'm going to see if I can tuyrn it off tonight.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That is the icon for Sirius traffic. When red you no longer have it. When your subscription is up and you renew you don't automatically get traffic with it. It was $15.00 extra when I re-subscribed in my Charger. I don't know if the cost changed.

A guy I work with complained about it when he re-subscribed and they gave it to him for free. Might work for you.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
That is the icon for Sirius traffic. When red you no longer have it. When your subscription is up and you renew you don't automatically get traffic with it. It was $15.00 extra when I re-subscribed in my Charger. I don't know if the cost changed.

A guy I work with complained about it when he re-subscribed and they gave it to him for free. Might work for you.
from a quick look on line that's what I thought. Was that $15 a month or year?

·
Registered
181 Posts
As others have stated it's definitely the traffic update icon. I could be wrong, but I think it disappears entirely if you disable the traffic stuff in the main options.

I disabled it on mine (even tho I'm still in my free year) because to me, the constant on-the-fly route updates/recalc to the GPS mapping was super annoying - and more importantly, I found it more detrimental than useful when it tried to change the route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts