Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got a 2010 Challenger RT (auto). I also got a diablo predator tuner (got it free from the dealer - long story... will bore you with details later if you really want to know).

First question is... without doing any mods... is it worth using the tuner, IF SO, what should I do? Is there some preset tune I can run?

2nd Question,
Should I wait to do any tuning until I get a CAI kit and done modding my exhaust a little (magnaflow mufflers/glasspack resonators). I dont know if i want to go to larger pipes or get a catback system as I have heard that usually leads to loss of backpreassure and loss of torque. I also read somewhere that the most restrictive component is the Cat converter so i doubt changing the mufflers will do anything except make my challenger sound more agrressive.

3rd question... Do I need to or should I change the thermostat if I am going to tune? Any advantage?

I had a v6 firebird back in the day that I had a RAIM AIR kit put on and I remember when i first got it, it sucked in so much air that it caused the car stall at WOT.... will i have issues like that with the challenger? I'm assuming no but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. If i do, what can I do to correct the problem cause for the life of me, i can't remember what the hell i did to the firebird lol... that was over 10 yrs ago!

Last question... is the tuner pretty easy to use? OR do i need to be a mechanic/engineer to use it? I don't want to be the noob that blows up his car the first month he gets it. THAT is why i came here to talk to you (the experts) first.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
512 Posts
is the tuner for sale? also do you have the data cable for it?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
you can use the tuner to help run on a little better gas and unlock it a little bit. There are preinstalled tunes in the tuner for non CAI and CAI cars. It's real easy to use and you won't need help. Hook the attached cable toThe port under your dash and after the predator boots up follow the on screen display. The cooler thermistat will make more power but it's not required and will sometimes cause CEL to come on. If I forgot any thing let me know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go to youtube.com and do a search for diablo sports tuner and there are videos that will walk you through the process. Its easy to do and its worth keeping.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the tuner for sale? also do you have the data cable for it?

No, lol i'm definately keeping the tuner. Yeah they gave me eveyrthing with it, AC adapter, and data cable. it was brand new and still in the box.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS guys... I'll try out the non CAI tune and will check out the youtube vids

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The cable and transformer are for transfering tunes to and from computers. You can also use a straight thru 9 pin to 9 pin cable if you have a serial port on your computer. The transformer and cable are not used in tunning the car. The power for the predator is supplied by the car port. If you get a custom tune that is how you put it in the predator or if you want to save your original tune to your computer incase the predator crashes you can do that. I also forgot to mention that daiblosport (that makes the predator) has a forum you can go to and ask them specific questions. It's
Index :: DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts