Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I tried searching, reading the manual and looking at the car. Where are the speakers? I don't see any grilles in the rear deck. I can see the door ones, and the ones in the dash. Confused.

I'd like to know what I actually have before I go to the upgrade shop. It will definitely get upgraded, though.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Three 3.5" in the dash. One 6x9" in each door. Two 6.5" in the rear deck, and one 8" sub in the deck, too.

That's how my 2015 SG1 is, anyway.

The sub is basically worthless, except to use the wiring for a low frequency source for a real amp and sub.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Three 3.5" in the dash. One 6x9" in each door. Two 6.5" in the rear deck, and one 8" sub in the deck, too.

That's how my 2015 SG1 is, anyway.

The sub is basically worthless, except to use the wiring for a low frequency source for a real amp and sub.
Thanks. They must have changed it for the 2018. The window sticker says 6 speakers. It's an Alpine system.

I stopped by the shop that did a previous car, he wasn't too knowledgeable abut the Challenger. He's not sure what kind of crossovers are in there, what kind of amp, etc. He says there are 2 speakers in the rear deck and the reason I can't see them is because the deck is perforated (I admit it was kinda dark when I was looking). He's going to do some research and email me. His off-the-top-of his head estimate was $1600 to put in a good system with an extra amp and crossover.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
2 in the dash and 2 in the doors but not sure if the rears are on the rear deck or in the rear seat sides. I'm thinking rear deck. You won't see a grille in the rear and they are hidden under the material. There's a cover under the rear deck in trunk, you could pull the pins and take a look under there.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 in the dash and 2 in the doors but not sure if the rears are on the rear deck or in the rear seat sides. I'm thinking rear deck. You won't see a grille in the rear and they are hidden under the material. There's a cover under the rear deck in trunk, you could pull the pins and take a look under there.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Thanks. It's an icebox outside today. Maybe when it warms up in the next couple of days I'll go do that.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
The sound group I with Alpines suck, doesn't sound like a 276w amp at all even at full volume.

I had a 2016 SXT PLUS with the SG1, and Alpine, I added a 600w amp and was better but won't sound real good unless you change speakers

Reactions: CtheW0rld

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. What a beautifully informative and helpful PDF. It took a lot of time to prepare that. Thanks for finding it.

I have to admit my limitations, though. I'm a software nerd by profession but when it comes to DIY stuff like this I'm a total clutz. I'm going to have to have this done by a professional.

I did learn a lot by reading it. At least I know what's in there and it will help me make a decision on how to proceed.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
Yeah, that and removing the door panels is somewhat daunting. My concern is how they go back together, no rattles, etc. A Guy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, that and removing the door panels is somewhat daunting. My concern is how they go back together, no rattles, etc. A Guy
Exactly. Just seeing it taken apart made me a little uncomfortable. LOL!

What are you doing up at this hour?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
Midnight? It's Saturday :) Well, Sunday now...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts