Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Georgia! I will be purchasing a 2013 jazz blue Challenger RT with silver hood to fender stripes. I listen to music every time I go driving, so sound is important to me. I am a new to things, so I don't really understand Sound Group II. If I got RT plus package 28J and Uconnect 730N, would that basically be Sound Group II? Package 28J seems to include the Boston Acoustic speakers, I was trying to figure out what to do. $2000 28J + $790 Uconnect 730N, or $2000 28J + $1200 Sound Group II?
Thanks, and its good to finally go from "Lurker" to member. ^_^v

·
Registered
230 Posts
After market stereos you can get alot for the money you will spend but if you want the factory radio, which is good too, go for the sound group 11 ! IMO

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that after market parts are also available...if that's what you were trying to say. My question was whether or not the RT plus 28J package combined with Uconnect 730N was comparable to Sound Group II.

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome from another former lurker.

If you choose either the 430N or 730N, you will have to also choose either Sound Group II or the Harmon Kardon Audio Group.

I have the 430N and Sound Group II and am very pleased with the sound. I like quality audio and I'm very happy with this system.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
374 Posts
A little more info that might help clear things up a little. You get the 6 speakers and a 276 watt amp with the Plus package. With the Sound Group II you get a 368 watt amp and 7 speakers with sub woofer.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Welcome from another former lurker.

If you choose either the 430N or 730N, you will have to also choose either Sound Group II or the Harmon Kardon Audio Group.

I have the 430N and Sound Group II and am very pleased with the sound. I like quality audio and I'm very happy with this system.

Hope that helps.
So that means you have to pay for the 430N AND Sound Group II? I see. Well, thanks for the help! That was confusing me. Does the Plus Package include the 6.5 touch screen?

If I could ask another question of you, How long will it take dealers to get more Jazz Blue Challengers in? I've discovered that blue is a rather rare color in the Chally world. Plenty of blacks and whites and reds...and yet it is blue that calls my name. ^_^

·
Registered
374 Posts
You're welcome.

The 6.5 touch screen comes with the 430 or the 730.

I know how confusing this is. I went through it about a year ago. I studied the Build and Price website for weeks, looked at lots of window stickers, talked to dealers and read lots of threads on here before finally beginning to figure it out.

You'd have to ask the dealer or someone more knowledgeable than me about Jazz Blue availability.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Some more info. The 430N has the Garmin GPS. The 730N has something different. I looked at both briefly and liked the Garmin better.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks outflyin!! That really helped! I suppose I'll post a new thread in General asking about the paint. I'll make sure to upload photos when I get my baby!
Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I chose the 730N with the Sound Group II in my 2012 R/T and couldn't be happier with my choice.

Respecfully,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Does the Plus Package include the 6.5 touch screen?
No it doesn't, if you only want the touch screen just order the Sound Group II, it comes with the 430 touch screen without Nav. which is what I ordered, if you want Nav. then you have to order the 430N or 730N option also.

I've discovered that blue is a rather rare color in the Chally world. Plenty of blacks and whites and reds...and yet it is blue that calls my name. ^_^
Just so you will know "Chally" is a bad word around here, most people despise it because it sounds Gay.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the 430N with Sound Group II in my 2012 R/T and really like it.

It sounds very good, is well integrated, and very easy to use. You may be able to create a custom stereo that sounds better for the same money, but I didn't want the headache and the additional risk of theft.

My favorite features are the Hemi, the stereo / nav, and the thermostat.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just so you will know "Chally" is a bad word around here, most people despise it because it sounds Gay.
Really? I've seen lots of people use it...but after looking at a thread about it, I won't use it anymore. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the 430N with Sound Group II in my 2012 R/T and really like it.

It sounds very good, is well integrated, and very easy to use. You may be able to create a custom stereo that sounds better for the same money, but I didn't want the headache and the additional risk of theft.

My favorite features are the Hemi, the stereo / nav, and the thermostat.
thanks for the info! I'm actually leaning towards skipping the touch screen. $1600 for it in ADDITION to the $2000 leather/speaker package is kinda hard to stomach... but we'll see.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger R/T
89 Posts
Some more info. The 430N has the Garmin GPS. The 730N has something different. I looked at both briefly and liked the Garmin better.
I used to have the 730N which a GPS system by TeleNav and I was not happy with it. It was choppy, slow, and would not show all street names on the map even when zoomed all the way in. Not a great unit especially for the price.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Soundgroup II is definitely worth the investment, in my case i got a 730 with nav/and SGII in my 2010, and am more than happy with the quality of the sound. It may not compare to some aftermarket custom setups but it is far better than what i had in my previous cars, all of which came with high end stereos, or later were upgraded to aftermarket systems.
Watching DVD's with impressive sound tracks is very impressive. I also love using the songs saved to the hard drive of the radio. And my 300 songs hardly puts a dent in its capability.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The best way I can describe the quality of the Sound Group II is to say that my son-in-law hates factory sound systems. He will rip out brand new Bose systems, which he says are junk, and replace them with after market products. I cranked up one of my favorite tunes for him in my Challenger and he said, "Not bad." That's high praise coming from him.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts