Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i tried to search but did t get the answer to my question.
should my 2010 rt classic come with a sub woofer in the trunk.
or just the rear deck? I knoe some peole have them in there trunks i assumed i would too hey thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
I read somewhere that only the SRT's are in the trunk..the RT's is in the rear deck...between your rear speakers. I have found no other information on this myself...and why they are in 2 seperate locations to boot

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey guys i tried to search but did t get the answer to my question.
should my 2010 rt classic come with a sub woofer in the trunk.
or just the rear deck? I knoe some peole have them in there trunks i assumed i would too hey thanks
My R/T Classic has sound group 2 and came this way off the lot:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My R/T Classic has sound group 2 and came this way off the lot:

It certainy did not come with that boom box.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Your sub on your RT will be on the rear parcel shelf between the two rear speakers. Also that plum car above , that is not a factory sub setup. Dealer installed.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your sub on your RT will be on the rear parcel shelf between the two rear speakers. Also that plum car above , that is not a factory sub setup. Dealer installed.
Thanks for the straight foward answer brampton builder.
You da man.
next questions is there a separate adjustment for it on the stereo menu could not find it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's in the rear package tray, along with the two rear speakers. The sub is in the middle of the two rears, off to the pass side a little bit.
Here are some pics I took from my '09 R/T with the "cover" removed. Mine has the sound group II option..:thumbsup:

pass. side...

driver side...

close up of the sub...

:)

Reactions: Locko

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the base 4-speaker system (to which I've upgraded stock speakers to Infity's) and was thinking of adding an 8" sub to the package tray. Specifically, this one:

My question is does the small sub in this spot really make that much of a difference? Not looking to shatter windows, just fill in the low-end.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everybody for the info, i thought maybe they were stolen at the dealership or somthing LOL

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the base 4-speaker system (to which I've upgraded stock speakers to Infity's) and was thinking of adding an 8" sub to the package tray. Specifically, this one:

Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-SW841D 8 In. Shallow-Mount Subwoofer with 500 Watts Max. Power: Electronics

My question is does the small sub in this spot really make that much of a difference? Not looking to shatter windows, just fill in the low-end.

Thanks.
I've got the sound group II with the deck mounted sub which my 16 year loves the sound of and it certainly provides the deep bass and is a little much for my taste on most days. It can certainly rattle the windows when turned up. I know a lot of guys really like the booming sound, but too much sub doesn't sound natural or good to me.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I've got the sound group II with the deck mounted sub which my 16 year loves the sound of and it certainly provides the deep bass and is a little much for my taste on most days.
....I feel the same way. Even when the volume is relatively low (which is more often than not), the sub creates a little too much bass depending on the song/music playing (seems more intense while listening to satellite rather than FM or MP3's off the HDD). Overall though, I think it sounds better than most OEM equipped systems I have had.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Overall though, I think it sounds better than most OEM equipped systems I have had.
A week or so ago, I took a DVD out to the car just too see if it would play it. Probably won't ever do it again, but I had to see if it worked. I sat there and watched about 30 minutes of the movie, just because of how good it sounded.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
A week or so ago, I took a DVD out to the car just too see if it would play it. Probably won't ever do it again, but I had to see if it worked. I sat there and watched about 30 minutes of the movie, just because of how good it sounded.
I don't think I've tried a dvd yet but I agree. ....if I do, it will surely be purely out of curiosity. That was one function I could never see being used unless I had the lockpick. ....and at that point, it would only be used by my wife/passengers on road trips.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thanks for the straight foward answer brampton builder.
You da man.
next questions is there a separate adjustment for it on the stereo menu could not find it.
If you mean the straightforward audio settings then no it is not separate. It should be under the menu on the right hand side and should be one of those settings. Just as a note because it is something that took me a while to figure out is that the audio settings can be dragged up to level 8 but if you also press the arrow another time they go up to 9.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's in the rear package tray, along with the two rear speakers. The sub is in the middle of the two rears, off to the pass side a little bit.
Here are some pics I took from my '09 R/T with the "cover" removed. Mine has the sound group II option..:thumbsup:

pass. side...

driver side...

close up of the sub...

:)

thanz for the pics!! i was about to go to the dealer and yell until someone showed me the subwoofer!! lol

also can it be replaced? or used the wires to install another more powerful? like a bazzoka?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
SGII sub in rear tray, as shown, I'm sure you could replace it, but why, it sounds plenty powerful stock with the sg2 option. I grew up adding amps and subs to different cars, and found that the sg2 system is just fine for my older ears, i usually turn the bass down a bit using the eq function on the 730 nav stereo, it still rattles the doors, and makes the rear view mirror vibrate.

If you haven't tried a dvd yet, i recommend you definitely try it out, i was amazed how well the system sounded in surround sound mode. I hardly ever use it in that mode but wish my home theater sounded as good. (i've got a klipsch home theater with a sound bar and sub added in), and it sounds great for movies, but the car actually sounds better in the smaller environment.

·
Registered
610 Posts
SGII sub in rear tray, as shown, I'm sure you could replace it, but why, it sounds plenty powerful stock with the sg2 option. I grew up adding amps and subs to different cars, and found that the sg2 system is just fine for my older ears, i usually turn the bass down a bit using the eq function on the 730 nav stereo, it still rattles the doors, and makes the rear view mirror vibrate.

If you haven't tried a dvd yet, i recommend you definitely try it out, i was amazed how well the system sounded in surround sound mode. I hardly ever use it in that mode but wish my home theater sounded as good. (i've got a klipsch home theater with a sound bar and sub added in), and it sounds great for movies, but the car actually sounds better in the smaller environment.
thanks for the heads up. I have yet to use the car much, I drove 100 miles the first day and parked it on the garage until i get an exhaust and unblock the dvd :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts