Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You guys seem to be having a pile of fun on this project. I don't mean to harsh on your enthusiasm, but I feel compelled to share my experience. I'm a 70's, 80's rocker and have spent countless hours in my vehicles with sound system way too loud for decades. Even though I always practiced good hearing protection at the gun-range, at factory work, and when using power-tools, lawn mower, chain saw, etc.....years of daily exposure to too-loud music has resulted in this 54 year old being diagnosed with "noise induced hearing loss" and I am plagued by constant (incurable) tinnitus "ringing-in-the-ears". Enjoy the fidelity of the high quality systems you're designing, but only play it loud enough to hear over the sound of the HEMI. I'm looking at the remainder of my life with hearing aids, as a result of poor decisions regarding my car stereo volume. And now I have to listen to Megadeth, Metallica, Motorhead and Slayer at 1/2 volume....and that just SUCKS!
I hear what you are saying and thanks for sharing your experience.

I love the 70's, 80's rock as well but I'm more into quality of sound over loudness. My philosophy is if it sounds good you don't have to turn it up as loud to appreciate the music.

Kirk

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here's a sampling of how the system sounds.

Kirk

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice setup you have going there. I’m about done my SQ setup for my 2011 RT. I will be posting a build log as well.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to reading your build log.

·
Registered
109 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts