Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started making this loud sound, sounds like a jack hammer under the driver side consol. It does it when I open the door, and every now and then when I'm driving. Has anyone else experienced this? It's so annoying. Please help.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Probably a HVAC door actuator. Should be able to pinpoint the noise by getting near them and listening close, while someone cycles the key.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably a HVAC door actuator. Should be able to pinpoint the noise by getting near them and listening close, while someone cycles the key.
it sounds like it's coming from right under the radio... Near that area. I had a Pioneer radio installed just recently but I can't see that being the problem.... But then again who knows! Just sick and tired of this noise....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok I will look into that. What do you mean when you say "cycle the key what do you mean?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Without hearing the noise, all we can do is throw guesses. By cycle the key I mean have someone turn the key on and off a few times but don't start the engine. Basically do whatever you need to to duplicate the noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
DJUANP100
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing